“Maybe you should make them wear bibs.” I joked.

She glanced at me and smiled wickedly. “What a brilliant idea!”

“Welcome home boys!” She greeted clapping her hands together.

I remained standing looking for my dad amongst the men who spilled all over the room. Each and every one of them passed me and along with them came a breeze of disgusting odder that made me want to puke.

“This is why I carry air freshener.” Luisa said, pinching her nose and holding up a can of spring scented freshener. I covered my mouth and nose just in time before she pressed the button and chemically intoxicated the battalion of men.  

“Shit mom! Are you trying to poison our lungs?!” Lucca snatched the can and threw it over his shoulder, hitting a wall. 

She glared at her son, “You just dented my wall.”

“And you intoxicated my men, we are even…” He shifted his frown at me. “Shouldn’t you be leaving now?”

Not allowing him to see how his words affected me, I straightened my back and responded with, “Luisa, your mom, didn’t tell me to live.”

His fist visibly tightened. “I’m your Alpha, you take my orders!”

A tall dark figure then blocked my way. “We will be going home now.”

Dad took me by the elbow and pulled me towards the door.

“Hold on Richard, I didn’t stock your food storage today. Both of you have no food for tonight, why don’t you eat here with us?”

“NO” Lucca yelled.

His men silently witnessed their Alpha being a self-centered ass.

“And why not,” His mother questioned him.

“We will hunt out tonight.” Dad suggested, earning a frown from Luisa and a satisfied grin from Lucca.

“You see? They have the capability of providing for themselves. It’s all about survival of the fittest and what better way of finding food then to get it fresh?” The jerk smiled and shrugged at his mother.

 The only problem with that criterion is that I can’t shift and I can’t eat fresh meat unless it’s well cooked. Dad will have to hunt on his own and bring back a meal for me to cook for myself. And that will take me hours to prepare!

“Why not let them eat here and save them the trouble just for today! Besides, Selene is the one who prepared most of the food today, why do you have to kick her out when she did this out of the kindness of her soul?”

“No really it’s fine.” I lie. “My dad and I like eating alone.” That’s not a lie.

“She cooked the food?! Are you sure it’s not poisoned?” Jerome asked Luisa. I narrowed my eyes at him and he smirked at me.

“If you think so, I’ll just go ahead and throw it all away then.” Making my way towards the kitchen, I wink at Luisa to let her know of my little fib.

She catches on and smirks. “I guess you guys will have to ear microwavable tomato soup again.” She sighs. It was like being thrown into an angry relentless arena. The men began to protest against Jerome who was outnumbered.

“All of you calm down, it’s not the end of the world!” Lucca ordered.

One man pulled on his hair and confronted Lucca, “You don’t understand Alpha! We’ve been eating that for the past month. I can’t look at a tomato again and not want to puck my guts out.”

Lucca rolled his eyes, “Don’t be overdramatic; you all look and sound like a bunch of girls.”

Like I thought earlier—antifeminist!

Luisa cleared her throat, “If you tend to say that again anytime in the future, do it when women are not present in the room.”

“So are we staying or not?” Dad groaned. He has always been impatient and from his persistent foot tapping he was already becoming agitated. “I’d like to get home right away if you don’t mind, please. I need to feed my daughter and me.”

“You will eat here and that’s final.” Luisa stated. “Selene, honey, will you please help me serve?” Lucca growled, unhappy that once again his mother had her way. “Oh, hush up you’re going to get feed so stop complaining!”

Luisa pulled me by the wrist and I heard one of the men whisper, “You’re mom’s really scary…” It sounded like Jerome. 

___________________________________________

Sorry about this LAME short chapter, but hey...at least I uploaded something!!! Hopefully the next one will be OK. I'm planning to make it Lucca's POV XD