༺ღ༒ 002 ༒ღ༻

Începe de la început

"Shit we will have to teleport."
Zero grumbled clearly agitated.

"Teleport? You can do that?" I exclaimed quietly.

"I haven't in years because of the chip Dr.Brenner put in my neck so I couldn't escape. " Zero explained in a low whisper their voice was gravely and deep due to the crying.

"I could take it out." I offered adjusting myself on the gravel to reach a hand out and touch their knee for balance.

"Okay but we need to be fast." They smirked slightly turning around they lifted the hair draping over their neck and thrilling it around their neck.
They brought a long finger to a bump in their skin.

"Pull that bump out?" I inquired sympathy lacing my voice.

"Yes." They said putting their arm in front of their mouth and lightly biting  it.

I stared at the bump while lifting my hand, I took a deep breath and channeled my energy to rip it out quickly.
They tensed and bit in to their arm holding back a scream, when the chip fell on to the floor with a light pink against the asphalt.
They stood and then grabbed me shoving me into their chest, they were cold, Zero felt like a dead body I couldn't even here a heart beat and I was pressing my ear against their chest.
Black smoke took over our whole body's and then fell off of us in an instant and we were in the forest.
I pulled away and looked around I couldn't see the lab but I saw a smaller more welcoming building.

"We are going to sneak into the back door and grab some food then run out we are going to need the food to rejuvenate our powers." Zero smiled and took my hand walking us to the door that had one light illuminating the dumpster and the paved floor roaches crawling up the walls and past our feet.
We approached the door and Zero used their power to open it from the inside.

"Ladies first." They smirked while holding the door open for me, and as soon as I walked through they followed close behind.
Our feet pitter pattering on the tilted floor as we crossed to the metal table in the middle of the room.
Voices from through the door where persistent as Zero grabbed the plate of food the smell of grease and salt potent as Zero lifted a weird tan stick and lifted it to their nose, they licked it then their eyebrows rose and they nodded as they consumed it in one swift bite.

"Here its good try it." Zero picked another one and brought it to my lips I parted my lips and bit it slowly while taking it from Zeros hand with my middle and pointer finger.
It was so delicious I wanted to cry I shoved the thing in my mouth and reached for more.
My hunger hitting me like a brick I kept on shoving the food in my mouth unable to stop.
When Zero reached in my way and grabbed a few I snapped out of it and apologized.

"It's fine keep eating, you clearly need it." They chuckled lightly as they placed the plate on the table and picked me up setting me on the chair.
I smiled at them and ate until the plate was practically licked clean.

"Hey who are you kids!" A large man yelled from the door way as he reached for a bat next to the door and held it defensively.

"Eleven!" Zero exclaimed while picking me up and tucking me under their arm like a bag, they ran to the back door and the man followed after us. Zero kicked the door open and ran into the forest the man yelling for us to 'stop' and 'come back'.
Zero turned to run near the road, they flipped me around in their arms  and carried me bridal style.
The man eventually stopped following us and went back to the building.

"Ouch, god damnit I keep on getting cuts on my feet." Zero complained, they ran up the slope between the road and the forest, when we emerged  out of the tree line some lights almost hit us as screams came from them.
We were blinded and Zero almost tripped, the lights skidded to the side revealing three boys around my age.