Ellis was standing at the door with her backpack on which had her baby stuffed on the top. All you could see was this head poking out. She was all set to go, Derek came out the bathroom and turned his attention to Ellis.

'Well don't you look pretty. I love the hat. Have you got your baby?' He grinned.
Derek had learnt about Ellis' closeness with her baby such as the we never leave home without it.
With a toothy grin she nodded her head which caused her sun hat to fall off. Derek quickly came down to her level to pick it up and place it back on her head.
'Where did you get it from ?'

Ellis looked at him her eyes bright 'it used to be mommy's.'

'Suits you better probably.'

I watched the scene in front of me and felt a feeling I hadn't for a long time. Warmth. What's with me today and all the feelings.

'Right let's go' I smiled.
Derek pulled the door and let Ellis go first she turned around and held her hand out for him to take which he did. I followed on behind and locked the door up.

'Is it alright if we take my car, I'll drive you to and from the hospital today it's just otherwise mine will be here.' Derek paused looking round to me.

'Yeah I'll grab her car seat.'

Derek smiled picking up Ellis and opening his car up. I got her car seat and went to click it in.
—-

We pulled into a mini mart and I went in to grab something for Ellis to munch.

'Hey Derek do you want anything whilst I go in?'

'Just a water.'

'You're not hungry?'

'I could say the same about you. But none of the things in this one are very ... healthy.' He laughed.

I pretended to be hurt 'Your a health but aren't you!'

'Not a health-'

'Yes you are! Oh god don't worry I will grab you a granola bar.' I winked and went towards the store.

I had payed for my few bits I ended up grabbing Ellis something from the bakery bit it's called a chocolate twist no clue what is in it other then the chocolate so figured she would like it. I did in fact grab Derek his healthy snack just a simple granola bar. I walked to Derek's Porsche waving the bag at him before getting in.
'Took you long enough.' Derek whined.

'Well I was being very friendly'

'How friendly'

'Well I had to flirt with the baker in order to get Ellis her chocolate twist' I giggled causing Ellis to join in. Derek didn't say anything other than jokingly act hurt. I turned around and gave Ellis her breakfast which I regret buying, why couldn't I have gotten something plain instead she's going to be covered in chocolate. Please say I packed wipes.

'So your going to need to remind me where her school is mer' Derek said turning the engine on.

'I'll put it on the map for you. Oh and also' I rummaged through my bag 'here you go, wouldn't want you feeling left out.' I handed him the granola bar.
He looked at me and grinned 'Funny, very funny' he took the bar and opened it up.

Once we pulled up to Ellis' school I took her in and she was no hassle getting in. It seems she actually quite liked school , give it a few years her mind will probably change.

I made my way back to Derek and we headed to the hospital.
'Thankyou for helping me out this morning.' I spoke.

'No problem at all. Now i need to ask you something I have wanted to ask you for a while now.' Derek turned to look at me.

I gulped oh god what could this be about?
'Go on' I spoke up.

' I want to take you out on a date. A real proper date I pick you up, you wear a nice dress, I take you out and we have dinner and hopefully if I'm lucky I get to kiss you at the end' he grinned.

A large radiating smile displayed across my face I couldn't try and hide it if I wanted. I'm not a fan of dating I don't date. This time will be different. It has to be. Screw it.
'You can take me out on a date if you want.'

'Good how about tomorrow night?'

'Over eager are we ?' I chuckled.

'Extremely.'

'Okay tomorrow night I will need to see if Alex can take El or maybe Teddy could.'

'Teddy. She's the new co cardio chief ?' Derek questioned.

'Yeah she was in the army before and I offered her a job.'

'Iv heard of her but only bad things through Burke being annoyed at her after your rehire change.'

'She's brilliant. She's a cardio god you just have to get to know her.'

'Okay so tomorrow night I'm taking you out.'

'Yeah . Yes.'

Thank you for reading!
I feel like I fast tracked Derek and Meredith's relationship so I'm going to slow it down haha
Leave a comment and vote please