4 - baking

2022 

will and mike are 15

october : 3:20pm

it was an afternoon in the middle of autumn and breeze was blowing calmly, swaying the golden leaved trees and it was cool enough to wear a wooly jumper outside. the two boys were sitting under a large tree in mike's front garden.
"wait, do you want to do some baking?" mike asked randomly. will had his head on his shoulder, slowly drifting off. they had been like that for at least 5 minutes since they didn't know what to do.
"sure!" will replied excitedly. they both stood up, holding hands as they walked into the house.

"no, you can't be trusted with the mixing!" will argued, remembering what happened the last time they had made cookies.

september : 2:15pm
"no, no you do this!" will explained, mixing the dough.
"can i just eat it?" mike asked, sounding serious.
"no! we have to bake them first!" will exclaimed. mike silently grabbed a pinch of flour out of the bag and threw it at will who was very concentrated on mixing the dough.
he paused, not having a quick reaction. "i actually hate you so much" he lied.
"you definitely don't"
"i do!" they both started laughing at their stupid sarcastic bickering.
"now let me mix," mike demanded after they had stopped laughing.
"fine, okay, good luck," will responded, handing him the spoon.
"and no throwing flour at me," mike said abruptly, looking at will who had a mischievous grin plastered on his face
"dang it!"

mike had been mixing for a while and was surprisingly doing quite well. a mischievous grin appeared on his face and before you know it, he had taken a small handful of dough and eaten it.
"miiike," will said, annoyed. he had been watching him mix the dough, taking occasional looks at his face of concentration.
"whaaat?" mike mocked him.
"you're banned from mixing now," he said.

present time
"you still remember that?" mike asked.
"i remember these things, micheal," will replied, leaning up landing a small kiss on his nose.

a few minutes passed and will was almost finished mixing the dough. mike had his arms round will's waist, hugging him from behind. they were listening to one of their favourite songs and they were gently swaying to the rhythm.
"can you pass me the milk please?" will asked, still mixing. mike let out a small groan indicating that he didn't want to move.
"well i can't move because you won't let me go and your arms are longer than mine." (a/n bro sounds like my parents)
"ugh, fine," mike said, reaching for the milk with one arm, pulling it closed to will before wrapping his arm back round the boy in front of him.
"thaank you."

it didn't take much longer until the cookies were ready to be put in the oven.
"im still upset you didn't let me do the mixing."
"you have to learn from your mistakes, mike," will stated as he set the oven with a timer of 20 minutes. this argument would very obviously be complete sarcasm if you were one of the party members; they can tell what sounds too stupid for the boys to actually be serious.

will took his apron off and they both sat on the sofa, mike turning the tv on.
"what's in the oven?" holly asked who had been sitting in the living room colouring, reading or something like that. holly was nearly seven now so she spoke very well and quite mature as well.
"me and will just made cookies, that's all," mike responded. her face lit up, looking like she would say something, but instead she just went back to the colouring page she was doing.
"what exactly have you put the tv on for?" will asked quietly.
"good question," mike replied, not going any further.
"okay then.."

will moved closer to the boy next to him, lifting his legs onto the sofa, cuddling up to him.
"what's up?" mike asked, surprised by his show of affection that isn't in his room.
"nothing, just cold," he replied. it had just then occurred to mike that his mum hadn't got the throws (blankets) out for winter yet since it was now october. oh well, as least that, meant he could cuddle with his boyfriend.

jshs this one was so much longer than the others like their 400-500 words and this one's nearly 700, but im very happy with it and will probably do a part two because the cookies are still in the oven. rip