2 - crush clues

mike
it was a sunny saturday afternoon and the breeze was blowing calmly. will and mike sitting a tree in a large field, just talking. will laid down on his back on the grass behind him, mike following. mike looked over at the brunette beside him, squinting with the sun in his eyes. the sun was hitting will's face perfectly.

he looked... cute

is that weird? calling your friend cute? i mean, surely not? other people do it.. right?

"are you okay, mike?" will asked.
"hm?"
"you were daydreaming"
"oh, sorry" he chuckled.
"no, no it's fine!"

"what do you wanna do?" mike asked.
"hm.. do you have a crush?"

he froze all of a sudden. did he? he thought about it for a second. yes, he did.

"yeah, i do, actually"
"how about we try to guess eachother's crushes?" will questioned
"sure"

why would he say sure? will couldn't know his crush, it was him. maybe he could lie? no, no that would be wrong.

"okay! give me a clue," mike said.
"they have brown eyes" he stated, "now you give me a clue!"
"they have green eyes"
"okay, okay... that doesn't really help" will addressed.
"well you gave me brown eyes! literally tons of people have brown eyes, will" he laughed. will let out a soft chuckle.

why was he so cute?

"okay! your clue, will" mike beamed.
"they- he has black hair"

black hair.. brown eyes.. he.. they all matched up to him.

"your go, mike" will said.
"okay.. he has freckles around his nose" he replied, staring at will's freckles instead of his eyes. was that too obvious? maybe he wanted it to be obvious..

a confused expression spread across will's face.
"okay... he is pretty shy, mainly around new people, but is definitely more of an extrovert around his friends," will explained.

was it him? everything matched up..

"you know him," mike stated.
"okay.." will said, mainly in his thoughts, "wait.."
"hm?"

had he realised who it was?

"nevermind, mine is a tiny bit taller than me,"

it was definitely him. does he say anything? no, that would be awkward..

"okay, mine has been my friend since kindergarten," mike said. surely it was obvious now?

"i know who it is" will said suddenly, "but if it's not them, it's gonna be really embarrassing"
"who is it then?" mike questioned, his palms clammy and feeling extremely warm.

"it's me, isn't it?"

mike couldn't help himself from smiling, so he looked at the leaves on the tree above him. there was a short pause before will said "do you know who mine is?"

mike turned his head to look at the boy beside him before nodding. they both smiled at eachother for a few seconds.

"so.." will whispered.
"so.." mike repeated.

"wait," will said, sitting up, mike following, "what about you and jane, you two were dating, weren't you?"
"oh, no we both decided it would be best to break up, she liked someone else and i liked you so.. yeah" mike explained.
"oh.." will breathed, nodding and not knowing what to say, "cool.."

"so, about.. us?" mike questioned. will smiled in response before saying something, "do you want to.." he sort of trailed off, mike knew exactly what he was trying to say. "uh.. YES" he exclaimed. he opened his arms, embracing will who just smiled into his shoulder.

yes I wrote two chapter within a day, but these extremely short stories are so fun to write. also the 'other person' that el liked is max obviously

edit:this one wasnt very good tbh