Chapter 15

I still don't own Blue Exorcist or LOTR. I also do not own this art.

Recap on speech:

"Normal Speech (Westron)"

Rin's thoughts/communication with Kuro

"Kuro talking"

"-Elvish" (Sometimes context based)

Emphasis

---

Aragon stood tall and straight on the bank, (looking a lot more like a king and a lot less like the ranger Rin had known) death-glaring down the approaching ships with an unmatched fury.

"You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor." He called in warning.

The Corsair men laughed.

Sometimes I feel dumb, but then I see something like that.

"It's nice to know you have some survival instincts, Rin."

The captain of the ships called out, "Who are you to deny us passage?"

Aragorn turned back to Legolas. "Fire a warning shot past the bosun's ear."

Legoas readied his bow. A split second before the elf fired, Rin saw Gimli hit the bow with the handle of his axe, and when the arrow flew it hit the man next to the captain. Rin snickered as Legolas gave Gimli a glance.

"Gimli's my favourite character."

How could you betray me like this, Kuro.

"That's it! Right. We warned you. Prepare to be boarded!" The dwarf yelled.

The orc captain yelled right on back. "Boarded? By you and whose army?"

:) I like this.

"Of course you do."

Aragorn looked pleasantly smug, clearly throwing off the corsairs. "This army."

The King of the Dead appeared, raising his sword and directing his army to swarm the ships. The colour of the ships turned a sickly green as the transparent dead covered every inch. The company ran forwards to aid in the battle, but the action was unnecessary as the crews had already been decimated. They wrestled control of the ships and turned them to sail to Gondor, hoping they would be on time.

---

At their destination, the troops of Rohan rode forward to battle.

---

Rin, aboard the ships, shivered. "I really hate spiders, did you know that?"

Legolas smiled softly and moved to put an arm around his shoulders in comfort.

Kuro swiped a fish from the surrounding river.

---

"Rally to me! To me!" Théoden called. A second wave of orcs had approached the Rohirrim troops, and done far more damage. A dark presence loomed at his back, so acute in sensation that he could not mistake it as battle. In another world, the sensation was stronger, and with far more deadly results. Eowyn defeated this rider all the same.

---

"Late as usual, pirate scum! There's knife-work here that needs doing. Come on, ye sea rats! Get off yer ships!" the lead orc demanded.

Rin hid a laugh at the expression on the orc's face when he, Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn jumped off the ships onto the dock below, yelling a battle cry with his companions instead.

"Plenty for the both of us, aye laddie! Don't go hogging all of them this time."

Behind them, the ghost army lept from the ships, quickly overtaking the company as they sped towards the enemy.

Rin eyed the fear on the orc faces as their weapons passed straight through the undead. I'm so happy the ghosts are on our side.

A stomp shook the ground, and he pulled Kurikara from an orc distractedley as he turned around to see some huge ass elephants.

Jesus Christ.

"That's not my name."

The half-demon was about to make a snarky remark, but stopped short when his heart almost literally leapt into his throat because oh god Legolas is climbing one nopenopenope and all of his attention was directed towards that instead. He practically usain bolted his way over there just in time for Legolas to fire a clean shot directly into the skull of the beast and smoothly slide down the trunk in a perfect finish.

"That still only counts as one!" Gimli yelled.

---

The battle was over quickly after that. Rin may or may not have insisted on torching every elephant rider after that, which was probably too violent of a reaction but he was fairly certain there weren't any acting psychologists in the area so he didn't worry about it too much.

The company faced the ghost army, and the ghost king smiled grimly. "Release us."

Gimli grumbled quietly. "Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads - despite the fact they're dead!"

Rin personally thought that maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to cross the ghosts that had just defeated two armies, but hey, you do you.

"You gave us your word."

Aragorn nodded in return. "I hold your oath fulfilled. Go... be at peace." Rin watched as the ghosts crumbled to dust, blown away by the wind. Legolas joined him in watching the sombre sight.

---

Alright folks, sorry if that's a little short but it really did not want to be written. A few important things happen here to the general lotr timeline that I just want to clarify. One, Rin torched the Witch King after Bree, so while IDK if he 'died' there or not, he is not the one that fights Theoden and Eowyn, leading to the whole "in another world" thing. Two, Boromir is alive, and he takes Faramir's place as the one being burnt, but don't worry Faramir got his moment too, so Denethor is very dead. lol.