Chapter 14

:)) you guys are the best. As always, I don't own Ao no Exorcist or Lord of the Rings.

We're going to mainly follow Rin's story line this chapter, instead of following everyone like last time. Please ignore how pixely the image above is, i was rushing real bad.

Recap on speech:

"Normal Speech (Westron)"

Rin's thoughts/communication with Kuro

"Kuro talking"

"-Elvish" (Sometimes context based)

Emphasis

---

"You know, you'd think that this group would be done with underground passages full of life threatening danger at this point."

So salty, Kuro.

The cat demon scowled at Rin, but was quickly distracted by the swirls of mist that arose from the path and seeped from the cliff sides surrounding the small group. The air smelt like ... death, and it permeated everything.

Gimli, in front of them, grumbled under his breath a few curses under his breath as he swatted away the mist . "What kind of army would linger in such a place?"

From Rin's side, Legolas answered the dwarf in a subdued tone. "One that is cursed ... Long ago the Men of the Mountain swore an oath to the last King of Gondor - to come to his aid, to fight, but when the time came, when Gondor's need was dire, they fled; vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them - never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge."

The elf prince's voice echoed in the silence that followed the tale. Rin, with his sensitive hearing, was uncomfortably aware of just how quiet it was. No bird song or wind whistled in the air, just the sound of their horse's steps on the cold ground.

Another swirl of mist reached at him, this in the distinct shape of a ghostly, skeletal hand.

Nooo, nope, nopers, not ghosts.

"Wow, this is definitely ghosts."

Kuro!

"Better start remembering those recitations, Rin."

He scowled, grabbing the rosary Galadriel had given him. We both know I know next to nothing when it comes to recitations. It's been five years.

"C'mon, sing with me - Exorcizamus te, omnis-"

He sighed. "-immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, omn... umm." Yeah, that's about it.

"You're missing 5 lines."

Legolas looked over at him as he murmured in the foreign language, and the elf's eyes widened as he saw the mist part slightly in his path. "I was not aware you knew words of power, -my crown-. "

Rin felt himself flush at the nickname ("-Nín rin-", really?) but recovered quickly and nodded softly. "Yeah, that's about it when it comes to ghosts, though?"

Gimli suddenly looked more pale than before. "Ye say these are spirits of the dead we'll be dealing with?" He blew at a misty hand as it reached for him.

Aragorn, who was leading the group, stopped abruptly, and Rin saw a second later that it was due to the end of the path, a steep stone wall with only a small opening. Words were carved above the arch, worn and faded from the elements.