36.

AN: oh my GOD I took a long ass break. I'm sorry for the inactivity. I don't have an excuse I've just been really unmotivated. BUT, I'm back bitches. Love you all and thank you for the comments and messages. I LOVE FEEDBACK. Kk now read. 

QUESTION: Fuck, Marry, Kill-- Neville, Seamus, and Dean. 

Finally Easter Holiday had arrived and Effie was more than excited. Mr. and Mrs. Finnigan had been kind enough to extend her an invitation to stay with them in the Irish countryside, and she had gratefully accepted. Dean's mother had taken a little convincing, but eventually she conceded to sparing Dean for a few days as well. Even Augusta Longbottom agreed to loosen her reins for a few days in the spirit of the holidays. 

With their stomachs overfilled with trolley candy, the four friends slumped in their compartment and planned their week together. 

"Okay so we have got to take Effie to Diagon Alley at some point," Dean started, still munching on a licorice wand. 

"Ooh yes! And then we can take Neville around Waterford and maybe introduce him to some muggle blokes I know."

"I would also like to meet these 'muggle blokes,'" Effie chimed in, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Gross!"

"Ew!"

"Shut up!"

The three boys threw some of their remaining sweets in her direction as she shielded herself behind her hands. 

"I'm joking, I'm joking. Ow!" She yelped when Dean chucked a particularly hard toffee in her direction.

He smiled at her apologetically, but she didn't seem too bothered. In fact, she couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. Ever since their night of mischief, Effie had been feeling better than ever. No matter how many threats of detention Snape threw her way or stacks of homework her professors gave her to complete over break, Effie never stopped smiling. She practically glowed, even. 

And not in a metaphorical sense either. Lavender and Parvati had pointed out at breakfast one morning how her skin looked brighter and more vitalized than ever. The boys teased her about it mercilessly, making all kinds of Edward Cullen jokes, but again she could not make herself care. She was invincible. 

Effie sighed happily as the train pulled into the familiar station. She had not seen Platform 9 3/4 since that very first day when she had awoken near its entrance, and yet the sight of it gave her great comfort. A very friendly looking woman was waiting for the group when they stepped off the train. Her pale, freckled face was covered in smile lines and her sandy hair shined under the lights of the platform. 

"Come here my boy!" 

Mrs. Finnigan threw her arms wide and gave Seamus no time to act before smothering him in a hug and planting kisses in his hair. 

"MOOOOM," Seamus whined with his face pink with embarrassment. 

Mr. Finnigan's greeting was less embarrassing: a simple pat on Seamus' back and ruffle of his hair. Mrs. Finnigan turned to the rest of the group and drew them into a big hug as well. 

"Dean, good to see you again child! You are looking quite well, and that school has most definitely been feeding you right. Neville my dear! Always a pleasure to see you."

Dean and Neville blushed as Seamus' mom pressed big, juicy kisses to their cheeks before she turned to Effie. Her smile turned softer and she grabbed Effie by her face, squeezing her cheeks in slightly as she maneuvered her head to get a better look at her. 

"You, darling, must be Evelyn."

"Hi Mrs. Finnigan, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine sweetie. You look... radiant. Call me Ruth."