~•ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙•~

SAKSHI'S POV

"He's stable now, but needs rest you please wait for him until he gains his consciousness." I instructed the guardians of the patient whom I just treated. It was 1:30 in the morning and I was at the hospital due to this emergency case.

"Dr.Sakshi there is another emergency please report to ward number 206!" A nurse shouted and I rushed over there.

Finally it was 5 a.m. And my work was done here.

I packed my stuff and left the hospital. I was extremely tired today, i've been continuously working from last 18 hours, yes literally nonstop.

I reached home and as always no one was there who would be waiting for me. Actually waiting sounds more like a day dream in this house no one would even be knowing that I haven't returned home for past 2 days.

I went to the kitchen and fetched a bottle of cold water from the fridge and drank all of it in one go, my throat was dry as hell.

"Madam do you need anything?" one of our maids asked me.

'I need love.' I thought to myself but eventually replied to her by nodding my head in a no.

After having a long shower, I lied on my bed and gazed outside the window and thought about my life, it has completely changed after my father's death we used to live so happily but since he died my mother engaged herself in business and now I can only see her once or twice in a month and we have 3 to 4 sentances of interaction. Sadly i'm the only child in this family. I was bought up by my grandmother who passed away 5 years ago.

I was about to be engulfed by sleep but someone knocked on the door and disturbed me.

"Madam, badi malkin is here, she's calling you." I replied in a small ok and lifted my tired body from the bed. I wonder how come she needs me today.

When I reached downstairs I found her sitting on the king sofa seater talking to the headmaid, she lifted her head and smiled at me to my surprise and gesture me to sit beside her, I did so and waited for her to start.

"So do you remember the promise you made me before entering the college?"she asked me normally.

"Yes." I replied.

"You are getting married next week." she said in a final tone I nodded and left towards my room not even uttering a single word neither she made any attempt to continue the conversation.

You people might be thinking that how could I agree to get married to a stranger like this, knowing that this would be a turning point of my life. Actually I wanted to become a doctor but my mom wanted that I must graduate in business and look after our family business. I fought for my dream however, I had to promise my mom that I would get married to whom so ever she would want me to, that is why I had to say yes today.

Second reason was I am not in love with anyone so arrange marriage is not a bad choice at all because I don't think I would actually fall in love and maybe I would get the love which I'm carving for.

With these thoughts I drafted into deep slumber.