"How did you get in?" He asked them. "The door was locked."

"What, and you don't think we have a key?" Mike asked him, his amused expression back. "Your mom had another one made when you moved in."

Luke sighed, answering his dad with an annoyed expression before he stretched his back, rubbing the back of his neck. With Francis sitting next to me... he was becoming a distraction. Though he had a strong presence like Luke,  it was mainly his sandwich. Turning to him, I took his sandwich and started eating it myself, smirking back to him, trying not to care anymore about falling asleep with him.  Because honestly, I could ponder over his strange reaction for a while and fantasize for hours about being in his arms. With Luke seeming distressed over what happened, I wasn't going to be. Even though my heart was still running all over my chest at knowing we fell asleep together.  Food was the perfect distraction.

"What the hell, Albany? That was my sandwich."

Come on, is it that surprising? "Technically, it's our food. So my sandwich," I said as I started eating the hammy goodness.

I relaxed back into the couch as I ate his sandwich. Francis sitting beside me, he sat back more as I had and ended up lifting his arm, draping it over the back of the couch behind me, his skin just barely brushing my neck. Glancing over to him, he grinned but wouldn't meet my eyes. That bastard sure likes to toy with me. More specifically, his brother because at his gesture, I noticed Luke eye us both up more with sharp glances. A new air came about around him and it was even more tension-filled again.

"Was there a particular reason you both are here? Besides stealing our food." Luke said, smiling to his dad but it was forced. He clearly didn't want to be here right now.  I couldn't help but be worries over him.  Especially with how much I know he is going through.  I had a feeling there was something else though, beyond what he told me.  It was a problem that was growing within him and I wasn't sure what it was. 

Mike leaned forward where he was sitting, his eyes narrowing at his son. "What, your favorite dad can't visit anymore? Are you just too 'cool cop' to see me? Because if that's the case, I'll have to give you a spanking like when you were little." Mike looked to me, smirking slightly. "Would you like to see that Albany? Watch your step daddy get a spanking?"

I laughed hysterically. That put me in a good mood right away!  Thank god no food was in my mouth at the moment. I would have ended up spitting it out from my hard laughter. Damn, I love this guy. "Oh hell yeah," I said with excitement. "That would be so awesome. I bet Luke would start to cry," I said, smiling as I looked beside me to him. Though his eyes told me he was still uneasy, he couldn't hide that smile and the humor behind his chuckle. Finally, some relief surfaced over Luke. 

"I'm just saying it's a little weird to wake up and see you guys here. Not to mention, there is usually a reason if it's so early," Luke said.

"And I'm just saying, it's also a little weird to 'accidentally' fall asleep with your stepdaughter," Francis said, smirking as he looked down.

I glanced up to Luke, seeing his smile dim and a shade of guilt set in.  I wanted to scold Francis.  He was already clearly upset over it.  Watching Luke closely, he hid that pain and rolled his eyes, looking between his family. "Whatever. That's the truth. We were up talking last night on the couch." His eyes met mine before he continued on. "Eventually, we must have just fallen asleep before we knew it."

I nodded, looking between them as well. We didn't need to prove anything to them. They knew we weren't lying. They were just teasing us, which is acceptable. Luke on the other hand was being a little defensive over it. I wasn't sure why. It was the truth; we accidentally fell asleep. It wasn't like we meant to.