lost

so part 2 of the xmas secret admirer is like not even halfway done even tho i started it um a few months ago. i worked on these oneshots for fun by myself and just ended up posting all at the same time and i didn't even finish part 2 of that oneshot but anyways-

AND I'M SORRY. THERE'S MORE ANGST. (well the last oneshot didn't really count as angst but i mean-) I JUST...LIKE WRITING ANGST. the christmas secret admirer was supposed to be before this but that's ok. i hope.

i talk too much.

Draco Malfoy was lost in life. He had been just released from Azkaban after his sentence of three years after saint Potter defended him in his hearing. His father was in Azkaban currently serving a life sentence, and his mother was dead. She was killed by the Dark Lord, she was the only person who ever really understood Draco.

Sitting in a bar with some firewhiskey in his hands, he downed the whole bottle and asked the bartender for a new one as he grabbed the Daily Prophet with no energy whatsoever. On the front cover, there was Harry Potter with Ginny Weasley holding hands with the headline: The Boy Who Lived is Engaged.

It hurt Draco to see the first person he ever loved and still loves is now about to get married. It has been weeks since the announcement but he just couldn't get over with. It was on his mind all the time and he couldn't get it out no matter how hard he tried. As he sat there drowned in his thoughts, the bartender passed him a new bottle as he muttered his thanks and drank a sip of the firewhiskey.

The door to the bar opened and revealed Potter and the Weaslette holding hands and finding their table. Draco's heart skipped at the sight of Potter and his perfect body but was soon reminded that he was accompanied with that Weaslette, or should he say Potter soon.

Draco downed his second bottle as he sighed and passed it to the bartender. He rummaged through his pockets for three gallons and grabbed his coat to leave. Draco couldn't stand watching Potter and Weaslette sitting there doing what couples do. He wished he was the Weaslette.

Tears were threatening to spill but he reminded himself that Malfoy's don't cry (even if he did a awful lot in sixth year) and because he was already 22, he shouldn't cry that easily. As his hand gripped the doorknob, a familiar voice called out to him and he froze in his tracks.

"Malfoy?" Potter asked from a few seats away.

Turning around slowly, Draco was met with the smiling faces of Potter and Weaslette. He didn't get how they could be so happy when he was miserable inside. He supposed it was because he's a Death Eater and the other two got everything they ever wanted. Draco didn't even know why they were talking to him anyway. No one cared about him anymore.

"Potter," greeted Draco curtly as he nodded in their direction. "Weasley."

"Long time no see, Draco," Weaslette said with a genuine smile on her face as her ginger wavy hair drifted in front of her eyes. "What have you been up to?"

He shrugged and glanced down at his watch, avoiding their gaze. "Nothing much. Getting back on track after Azkaban I suppose so," he muttered loud enough for them to hear.

Potter's eyes turned dark at the memory of Azkaban but it was gone in a second. It was replaced with friendliness as he scratched the back of his neck. "Say, the Weasley's are having a party at the Burrow. Would you like to come?"

Draco, who was taken aback from this, swallowed and replayed the words in his head. Was Potter being serious? "No, that would be nice but I've done horrible things–"

"No, really. It's fine, Draco," said Potter as he grinned a little and put his arm around Weaslette, making Draco's heart break a bit. "How about we put that all behind us?"

He thought for a moment. Draco should apologize to the Weasley's for what he and his family caused, but he was worried. What if they won't accept him like Potter had said?

"Sure, then," he replied reluctantly, befuddled to why they would ask him out of the blue like that. He supposed it was Potter's kindness. "When?"

Potter glanced at Weaslette who nodded. "I'll send you an owl," he said, his glasses falling a bit on the bridge of his nose. "It's nice to see you again, Draco."

Nodding, Draco turned around and left the bar as he glanced back at the two one more time. They were giving little kisses to each other as they laughed and joked around. If only him and Potter could have that.

But no, he had to get over his teenage crush that he had since third year, because he knew someone like Potter would never love him the same.