harry potter is dead.

MORE ANGST, BECAUSE WHY NOT?
and this one is long. i dunno why, i just like to write angst.

The students of Hogwarts were already gathered around the entrance as Voldemort and his followers marched through, looking triumphant. And the people of Hogwarts gathered together in fear of what would happen next.

The first thing Draco thought was, Where is Harry?

Is he okay?

Merlin please, Harry, come back.

You can't leave me now.

You promised.

Voldemort and his death eaters slowly advanced forward, Hagrid was in the front, holding a limp body in his hands, and Draco's body froze with fear. And he was sure that Granger's and Weasley's seemed to tense next to him too. He'd recognize that body anywhere, the jet black hair that was now all ruffled and messier than before, those sparkling bright green eyes that seemed to shine with happiness every time he gazed into them.

Those eyes that Draco fell in love with.

Except that those eyes were now closed.

Except that now when Draco wanted to look at them, he'd see nothing but dull broken eyes.

Draco felt hollow inside, he knew why they were happy, he knew even if he didn't want to admit it. He didn't want it to be true...

Their victorious gestures seemed to confuse everyone for a second, until Voldemort held his arms up, cackling with laughter. "Harry Potter is dead!"

"To this day forth, you will all put your faith in me."

"NO!"

He didn't even realize that it was himself that let out that blood-curdling scream. The scream made everyone look at him with shock and pity. But he didn't care. His fiancé was dead, his Harry was willing to leave him, willing to come to Voldemort to get killed, willing to leave everything he loved.

By now Draco launched himself forward, trembling with fury. Looking into Voldemort's eyes with such rage that it seemed to burn his pale skin. Tears watered in his eyes as Hermione and Ron tried to desperately hold him back.

"I'm going to get him...I swear!" Draco yelled, his voice cracking at the last word. "I will kill him!"

He glanced angrily at Voldemort, who seemed to be enjoying what was happening. His red eyes were gleaming with enjoyment, and his mouth was almost twisted into a nasty sneer. The only thing that was keeping the sneer back was a mild surprise.

Granger had tears falling from her cheeks too, and her voice was feeble when she spoke, "Draco, no!" she shouted, looking at him as she wiped her tears. "Please..be quiet."

Then a sudden voice spoke, harsh and loud. "Draco, come here," Lucius demanded, seeming ashamed of his son's actions, but when Draco still did not commit, he spoke more firmly, "Draco. Now."

Lucius looked enraged. Having to deal with Draco's unwillingness to do what he wanted and also the fact that his son was the fiancé of Harry Potter had pissed him off to the fact that he had almost got Draco killed. Of course, it was unintentional, but the cause of how Draco almost died was drawn to him.

Everyone now turned to him and was peering at him expectantly. But Draco didn't care. It was all his fault that Harry was lying motionless and lifeless in Hagrid's arms. It was his fault that Harry died. Everything was all his fault. He let Harry out there. Alone. He left Harry to die. He could've helped.

He remembered that last moment with Harry. And thinking all about it again made him choke on his sobs. Why did Harry have to be the savior and hero all the time? Why did this have to happen? Just why?