"You do, um?" said the older one.

"Yes! You sing Christmas carols! You must sing carols because Christmas is quickly approaching!" I made fun of them. The three of them were dressed oddly, like elves. Surely Santa sent them!

"Can you sing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?" I ask.

"Please?" I kindly enquired.

"Alright, tiny one. How does it begin again?" Old man enquired.

"I'll begin it! Okay, 3. . . 2. . .1! You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer, and Vixen,"

The gray-haired carol singer added, "Er, comet and Cupid."

"And Donner, and Blitzen," The ginger sang on.

Although the carolers didn't sound as good as I had thought, it was still a lot of fun! Up until the conclusion of the agency's meeting, that is.

"Who are you singing with, Y/N?" Ranpo yelled.

"The Christmas Singers! Please join us!" I yelled back. The faces of the three singers flushed crimson.

"We actually have to be on our way now, so that's okay, kid," The elder stated.

"No! No, stay put. There are still a list of songs to come!" I pounded my foot, being stubborn and persistent. I had to convince them to stay.

As they made their way to the door, the various agency members' footsteps echoed throughout the space.

"T—the Black Lizard? Why are you here?" When Atsushi exclaimed, he took a large step back.

"We were intending to ambush you, but this little brat insisted that we sing her Christmas songs instead. What a headache, "The ginger hissed.

"Hey! Don't call her a brat!" Ranpo spat. He tugged me away from the "Black Lizard" by grabbing my hand.

"Just who is this kid?" The elderly man politely queried.

"I am Y/N L/N! Also, this is my doll!" I extended my arms to display my treasured doll.

Dazai sauntered up and shoved my dolly back to me, saying,

"Hey Y/N, keep your dolly close, don't trust these people."

"Let's retreat for the moment, youngsters. We'll be back." Suddenly all three simultaneously turned and vanished into thin air.

Yosano shrugged, "Oh well, back to our duties then." Everyone started shuffling to their desks to start the hours of dreaded paperwork ahead of them.

💕

"Mr Dazai!" I knocked on the door of the space where I last saw him.

Dazai yelled as he flung open the door, "Miss Y/N!"

"When Ranpo and I ran out of snacks, he suggested that we visit the store. But first, I should ask you!" I explained.

"Absolutely, Y/N! Be back soon; otherwise, I'll miss you too much. Don't lose your doll; take good care of her too!" Dazai gave me a tight hug before releasing me.

We started walking through the streets of Yokohama after Ranpo took hold of my hand. We eventually found ourselves at a nearby small grocery store. Ranpo received his regular selection of snacks, including chips, crackers, many pastries, and a myriad of sweets. I also took some items from the shelves. I acquired my favourite treat, Pocky. My personal favourite was the chocolate-flavored one, so I took it. We continued to the checkout while Ranpo put the item in the basket without objecting.

"That will be 4,607 Yen, please." While Ranpo fumbled with his money, the cashier beamed at me.

"Keep the change, miss. Here you go!" Ranpo took all of his money out.