Back to school

A/N: I'm new to this and couldn't figure out how to space different sentences so the first two chaps might seem too congested. But cause I figured it out the future chapters are all fine.

Update: reread this chapter😭why is it so bad omg I'm sorry. I just posted another and it's like, miiiiiles better than this (convincing you to keep reading)

Normally I'd be throwing a fit right now cause summer has officially ended and we go back to school tomorrow, but this is a rather extraordinary circumstance.

You see, my best friend is finally coming back from her vacation which I think was unnecessarily long. God, two whole months without seeing her were a lot harder than they should've been.

"Ughhh" I rolled over to snooze the alarm. 6:30-time to get up. Doing my usual routine I brushed my teeth, washed my face all that and went downstairs to have breakfast. Pouring in my favorite cereal I sat back on the chair and smiled to myself thinking about finally getting to hug my best friend. Gosh, she's so wonderful.

I skipped back to my room, feeling more giddy than usual and got ready. My outfit wasn't anything special since I've never been one to dress up for school but I still made an effort in trying to look decent. I think I pulled it off.

Entering school I was greeted by the same group of girls that have waited for me by the entrance since 7th grade. My very lovely friends, nayeon mina and chaeyoung. Usually jeongyeon would be there too but she's kinda always late. Embracing them all one by one I looked around, searching for a specific pair of eyes. And then I found them, staring right at me, shining as bright as the sun.

Momo!

Within a blink she was in my arms, hugging me tightly as I lifted her slightly and spun with the absolute rush of serotonin I got. How I missed this little goof.

"Y/NNNNNNNN oh my god. I can't believe I'm seeing you after two whole months" momo pulled back and said, with the biggest smile across her face.

"Dude you seriously need to stop going incognito as soon as summer starts. Try sticking around the neighborhood sometimes you know it's really not that bad here" I said with a knowing smirk on my face as she rolled her eyes and smacked my arm.

"You know how my dad is y/n, with his whole 'summertime means family time' agenda. Anyways screw that I'm back now so shut up"
I gave her one more hug as I sighed with contentment . Life really gets so boring without her around.
-

"I want to leave" momo whined from my left.
"It's been three minutes" nayeon deadpanned from my right.
"Your point?"
"My point being, the day has just begun. Atleast cry after like first period or something"
"Shut up"
Yeah, I definitely missed this.

"Momoringggg, do you wanna go to the dance studio later today?" I asked her.
For as long as I can remember, momo has loved dancing and let me tell you something she's pretty darn good if I do say so myself but obviously I'm never gonna tell her that. Or the fact that I would be awake during ungodly hours of the night trying to copy her dance routines so I could do them with her. She says dancing is her outlet. Something she enjoys with her entire being and watching my best friend glow with happiness in that room with big mirrors is enough to give me a good nights sleep.
"Yes please. My beloved studio. That place is like the only reason I came back"
"Wow ok"
"Yahhh you know I'm joking" she grabbed my cheeks and squished them as she stared straight into my eyes. "I obviously only came back for my little emotionally unstable, sexually confused and dormant, adorable little bestie" she snickered as I slapped her hands away.
"Say another word and you won't be able to dance again. This is not a warning it's a threat" I shot back and then we broke out into giggles.
"I definitely want to leave now" nayeon grumbled from besides me.
"You love us" I ruffled her hair as she gasped and immediately pulled out her phone to fix her 'this took me all morning' hairstyle.
-
The next few hours were of us going to our classes and sitting through the entire period of teachers discussing their summers. I didn't pay much attention to the talking as I aimlessly stared at the floor waiting for the school day to end.
"Why was today so long" chaeyoung wondered as we all walked outside.
"Dude seriously. It's like they secretly added an extra five hours" jeongyeon spoke.
"Pfft you weren't even here for the first four why are you complaining" mina scoffed. Being the mom of the group let's just say she was beyond sick and tired of jeongyeon consistently being late to every first day of school for the last five years.
Jeongyeon stuck her tongue out and continued chatting with chae.
"Alright ladies I need my beauty sleep. Im off, don't have too much fun without your prettiest friend" nayeon stated rather confidently as she turned towards her house.
"Let's go to an arcade" chae said loud enough for nayeon to hear.
"You better watch it before I call gulliver" nayeon yelled back with a knowing smirk on her face as she looked back just in time to see chae turn red.
"Yahh! Enough!" Chae yelled as we all held onto our stomachs from laughing too much.
Catching my breath, I turned to momo and said "wanna come over? I bought rice cakes yesterday"
"Is that a trick question?" Momo smiled at me as we bid our friends goodbye and walked towards my place.
-
"-so then I was almost done with the choreo when my mom came inside and she like screamed"
"Well what would u expect her to do after she walked in on her daughter performing a stripper dance routine in her bra and booty shorts"
"Excuse you it is not a stripper routine it is a type of dancing and I was not in my bra I was in a crop top. You wouldn't understand" momo rolled her eyes as I stared at her smugly.
We've been sitting on my bed, the rice cakes long gone, just talking about what we did the last two months. Moments like these make me feel so grateful for having momo in my life. Just talking with her alone makes me feel the happiest and I know she feels the same because of the familiar spark in her eyes that's always present whenever we're hanging out.