You are strong

Priya stared as Ram looked lost. It's been 5 minutes since he had come and sat on the stool infront of her but didn't look at her. His head was hung down ,with his fingers massaging his temple area. She could understand that he was disturbed but didn't know what to do. Should she just walk away? That would be rude. But she didn't know what else to do so she remained seated there looking at him. He raised his head to find Priya right in front of him.

Ram- Priya you here?

Priya - I was always here. You didn't notice me..

Ram - Oh i am sorry, I was just..

Priya- It's okay , I get it..

Ram - Why don't you join everyone for Dinner? I was actually going there..Mind to come?

Priya- Sure..

They walked towards the food counter and Ram served for both of them. They settled on a table in the corner and started having the food. He liked everything they shared , even the silence. In a room full of people he had only one person and it was her. And for Priya everything she was experiencing with Ram was new. She didn't remember last time she had a meal with someone. The Last few days she of course had with her family, but this was different. The warmth of having meal with him and saying nothing was very beautiful. Maybe That's why they say, for someone going through a storm , your silent presence is more than a million words.

Ram - Would you like to have something else? A dessert maybe for us?

Priya- We just had Ice cream, why dessert now?

Ram- I love sweets yaar...

Priya- But that's not good for your health. Too much sugar will affect your health badly.

Ram's excitement flattened and he said.

Ram - Fine doc, i am not having...

He went to the restroom mumbling something and Priya laughed seeing this grown up child.

It's been two days since Priya had gone to office. She was working from home and spending time with her family. She received a mail from Adi informing there will be a meeting held today and that will need her to be around. so she got ready to leave to the office. She excitedly walked into Ram's cabin to see him but he wasn't around.

Adi- Good morning priya.

Priya- Morning Adi.

Adi- Please have your seat, I'll text you once the room is set and clients have arrived.

Saying so Adi left the room, leaving priya alone in Ram's Cabin. She sat there looking at the photo frames present on the table. One was a picture of Shivina graduating from her college, other one was a family photo where he himself wasn't present, one with his friends where he looked bright and happy and the last one was a old frame in faded colours which had a woman's portrait. She wondered who that lady was and just then Adi texted her to come to the meeting hall.

She opened the door only to dash Ram and shriek.

Ram - Ahhh...

Priya- Sorry Mr Kapoor I didn't realise you were here, I am really sorry..

She didn't realise she was holding his hand all the while.

Ram- No it's okay Priya, please come in and have your place.

This reaction wasn't something she was expecting. She thought he would either crack a joke or taunt that she always crashes into him but not such a plain reaction.

The meeting ended And Ram wished everybody and walked out of the room, though not before giving Priya a faint smile.

Priya reached home confused about Ram's behaviour today. Though she wanted to know what has happened, she didn't want to become to comfortable with him ,so she let it be.