Run Boy Run

16 Years Ago

Grace was in the living room setting up for breakfast. She placed a record on the record player and as it began to play she rang a bell to summon all the kids. They all ran down the stairs as the man on the record talked about the weather. The kids all stood by their respected spots as Reginald walked in.

"Sit" he said as they all sat. Reginald was seated at the head. Luther, Diego, Robyn, and Five to his right Allison, Klaus, Ben, and Vanya to his left. Luther and Allison were staring at each other while smiling, Diego was carving into his chair, Klaus was rolling up a joint, Ben was barley paying attention to his food since he was deep in a book. Robyn was expikrementing with her powers. A salt and pepper shaker were floating in the air but everytime she blinked it rewrote reality and the salt and pepper shakers would change to a style from a different decade. Vanya sat quietly and Five was intensely staring at their father. He grew angier and stabbed a knife into the table starting everyone.

"Number Five?" Reginald asked

"I have a question"

"Knowledge is an admirable thing number five but you are interrupting Herr Carlson"

"I want to time travel"

"No"

"But I'm ready. I've practiced my special jumps just like you said" Five said blinking next to dad. Dad and him started going back and forth arguing about being an acorn.

"That makes no sense" Five said

"Precisely why you're not ready" dad said as he continued to eat. Five looked at Robyn and then ran out the door.

"Shit." Robyn muttered standing up and running after him

"Number Eight!" Robyn ran out of the academy seeing Five march down the street

"Five!"

"Robyn please go back inside" He said

"No! Five don't do this! Don't leave!" She yelled at him. Five looked at the tears in Robyn's eyes. It upset him to see her like this.

"I promise I will come back," He said. He looked at her in the eyes and said, "Screw it" pulling her closer and kissing her. She kissed back and smiled. Five pulled away and then time traveled leaving her behind. Leaving Robyn to fall to her knees. Crying. Grace came out of the academy.

"Robyn? Is everything alright?" She asked bending down

"He's gone." She cried hugging her mom.

Five time travled a few month into the future where it was summer

"Not ready my ass" He said, jumping to a time where it was winter. Five jumped once more and ended up in an apocalyptic time. He looked around to see everything destroyed. He ran as fast as he could back to the academy only to see it completely destroyed.

"Robyn! VANYA! DAD! ANYONE!" He screamed. He tried using my powers but they wouldn't work.

"Come on" He said but gave up. It was useless "Shit" He fell to his knees. The same way Robyn had staring at his home. Everyone and everything was gone.

Present Day

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find. You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." Five told the girls

"I can't even imagine" Vanya said

"I did whatever it took to survive or I died. So I adapted. Whatever the world threw at me I found a way to overcome it" Five added "Got anything stronger?" she nodded pouring three glasses on vodka. She offered one to Robyn who politely declined.