~| 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 | 𝗋𝗈𝗌𝖺 𝖽𝗂𝖺𝗓 |~

story: fem x gender-neutural!reader
Y/N pronouns + identity: they/them, gender-neutural/genderfluid, pan
character pronouns + identity: she/her, female, bi
includes: fluff, (maybe) angst (?)
time setting: 2014/2015 (season 2/season 3)
warnings: i wouldn't say any of this is triggering, but pls dm me if u find any of this triggering to u so that I can add a warning! :)
notes: i'd say it's quite cringey... so.. yeah.
words: 1186
——————
song: Teeth
artist(s): 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS)
"Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet.."

——————"God, I hate them!"

——————
"God, I hate them!"

Rosa hit a stapler, making it fly off the desk and hit Scully's forehead. "Ow, my noggin!" Scully whined, rubbing his forehead gently.

Jake rushed over, "Rosa, listen. We will catch The Raven. I promise you." He reassured his close friend and case partner, standing in front of her.

"Well, Jake, all of the evidence has lead us to a dead end. I can't believe in a promise when catching a deadly serial killer! Catching them depends on this task force. If they run away again, then this could be the end of this precinct's task force and we cannot let that happen." Rosa snapped at him before she began to walk away.

Jake and Rosa were currently hunting down you, a serial killer named Y/N Y/L/N, who went by the nickname The Raven. You were intelligent and swift, making it difficult for the NYPD to catch you. That's how you got the nickname. Over the years, you have committed many devious crimes, which ended up as cold cases.

"Please, Rosa. Trust me. We will catch this killer. We'll find more evidence! And we're two very smart detectives who have solved many cases before." Jake tried to convince his case partner. "I completely forgot who they were so we have no idea what they look like!" She added.

"So, we'll work our asses off to find out! And surely these leads will get us somewhere." Jake reassured, making Rosa sigh and look away.

"Come on, trust me on this. A thousand push-ups." Jake spoke, looking at her. Rosa looked back at Jake and sighed before nodding.

"Let's do this."
——————
"Rosa!"

Rosa snapped her head up from her work, looking over to Jake as he rushed over to her.

"I found where their meeting is." Jake spoke, holding up a slip of paper as he tried to catch his breath from all of the running he did. Rosa's eyes widened immediately, "Seriously? Let's go then!" She immediately said, getting up from her chair and putting on her leather jacket, following Jake as they left the bullpen.

It's been a couple of weeks since Jake made the promise to Rosa. Since then, they've been trying so hard to find you. The two detectives have even spent a few sleepless nights of overtime at the precinct, trying to find as much evidence as they could. As they started to lose hope, Jake finally found the address.

Hopefully, everything goes well.
——————
"Let's go."

The two detectives walked into the club, the loud music blasting through the speakers and the coloured lights and smoke lit the darkened room.

Numerous people danced together and against each other in the crowded room. The reeking scent of alcoholic beverages coming from pretty much everyone in this club. Some people stood to the side of the dance floor, watching some of their intoxicated friends dance their hearts away.

You were in the mess of people, waiting to see familiar faces. While you were waiting, you noticed a familiar face. Her long dark hair, all black outfit and stunning appearance catching your eye. You stared at her as you took a sip from your drink before realising someone had approached you.

"Oh! Can I help you?" You asked, loud enough for the chestnut brown haired gentleman to hear you.

"Do you know a person who goes by the name Y/N Y/L/N by any chance? I've heard that they hang out in this club every now and then.. And apparently they are having some sort of meeting here tonight as well." The gentleman asked, loud enough for you to hear as he was in front of you, a slight smile on his face.

You shrugged slightly, trying to hide your nervous expression. "No, not really. Sorry!" You quickly said before beginning to walk away.

The brown haired gentlemen stood in his face as his grin slowly turned into a slight frown as you walked past him. He looked over and saw a familiar face to him walking over quickly, making him realise what was happening. It wasn't a few moments before you heard a familiar voice call out your name.

"Stay where you are, Y/N Y/L/N! Or should I say.. The Raven?"

The blasting music ceased, the coloured lights dimmed and the main lights turned on. Everyone stopped their movements and looked over to see what was happening. You stopped in your tracks, a smirk appearing on your face as you heard your name and alias coming from the familiar voice.

"Ah, Rosa Diaz..." You spoke, turning to face her, seeing her in a stunning black outfit while pointing her gun at you.

"Good to see you, my love." You greeted with a smirk, winking at her slightly, making Rosa roll her eyes.

The brown haired gentleman's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "'My love'? What's that supposed to-"

"Jake, now's not the time to question anything. Just go ahead and cuff them." Rosa immediately spoke sternly. Making Jake nod immediately and begin to approach you, making you begin to step backwards. "Wait, wait, wait!" You quickly said as you backed away from Jake.

"Wouldn't you like to go ahead with a better option?" You asked, nervousness in your tone.

"And what would that option be?" Rosa cocked an eyebrow as she continued to point her gun at you as she approached you slowly. You shrugged quickly as you frowned, "I don't know.." You said quickly before an idea popped into your head, making a grin appear on your face.

"I suppose me kicking your guys' asses would be quite the spectacle." You spoke as you grinned at the two detectives.

Jake scoffed, "Oh, we would love to see you do that." He spoke sarcastically.

"Oh, we all would." You smirked back at the two detectives.

Within moments, numerous members of your crime gang crashed into the room unexpectedly to everyone. Screams of fear from the people in the club echoed through the main room, making everyone scurry around to find access to the exit of the club to get out of this mess and the danger.

Rosa began to shout for her task force to help out. Jake rushed around to help the task force get everyone to safety. Rosa darted her eyes around the room, only to notice you, running to the back entrance. Rosa sprinted over to you, quickly grabbing your arm roughly to stop you from leaving.

"You are not getting away, Y/N." Rosa sneered at you with fury in her tone.

"Aw, you don't want me to leave do you, love?" You cooed before leaning closer to her, "I don't either. But I have to." You spoke in a hushed tone, pressing a kiss to Rosa's lips, making her stand their speechless. You held the back of her neck, bringing her deeper into the kiss before pulling away quickly, smirking at her.

Rosa stood their speechless, frozen and unsure of what to do. You then smirked and winked at her before running away,

"See you again soon, my darling.."