☆Chapter 32- FINALE☆

Start from the beginning

"Ah!" Your mom said, pulling him in through the door and shutting it behind him. "Please join us for lunch."

Taehyung looked at you, and you nodded back in return.

"Y/n, you've grown so much." Your mom said, her eyes getting teary. "I can't believe I've missed out on all of this."

"It's ok, dear." Your father said, handing her a tissue and then looking at Taehyung as he has been doing for the past ten minutes now.

"How did you both meet?" He asked.

"High school classmates," You replied, "We recently got back in touch at work."

"What a lovely coincidence, I hope you are happy with him." Your mother said after blowing her nose and wiping her face.

"I am." You smiled, a genuine one. Taehyung looked at you, his boxy smile appearing at your words. 

"Y/n, your mother and I have been thinking, we wanted to go on a one-week family holiday to catch up on everything we've missed out on. If you are willing to of course. I understand it might be hard to gain trust and love back into our small family, but we really want to work hard and prove that we've changed." Your father said.

"We tried contacting Jimin, he said he'd only go if you were coming." Your mom added. "We don't blame him."

"I don't mind giving it a second chance, after all, you never know where it could lead to." You said with a faint smile while squeezing Taehyung's hand.

"Taehyung is allowed to join us of course." Your dad said although you could see it wasn't out of being polite but rather a test. It made you smile, you never experienced a proper boyfriend with an overprotective dad. For once, your life seemed normal and it made you happier than you could ever be.

"Gladly, sir!" Taehyung blurted.

You and your mother started laughing.

"Stop it, honey. The poor boy is about to piss his pants." Your mother said, earning furrowed eyebrows from your dad and a tomato-faced Taehyung.

"Can Jungkook join as well?" You asked.

"Ah, I'm so glad you're still friends with that boy, he's really sweet."

"He is." Taehyung said.

"I always thought you'd end up with him if I'm being perfectly honest." Your mom said, "Taehyung, you should've seen the way Y/n used to look at him, poor boy was dense."

"But you see the way she's looking at Taehyung right now. Nothing can top that." Your dad said.

Both you and Taehyung blushed furiously, your parents laughing at your reaction.

You had to admit, the night went better than expected. You caught up with your parents and told them about your career and social life. They told you about theirs, how they still work on their business, how they try to take more breaks nowadays and live a little. They showed you photos of their monthly trips around the world.

"It would've been a lot better with you and Jimin, of course." Your dad said.

"The next one." You smiled.

That night, you slept better than you ever had before. Jungkook has officially moved out and Taehyung took the other room, splitting the rent between the both of you.

Although, he still ended up in your bed more nights than not. Either because he "couldn't sleep", needed snuggles, or missed you- even though you lived with each other.

All excuses, but you wished he never stopped them.

You had formed a nice routine together, Saturdays were outing nights, Tuesday afternoons were stay-in-and-watch-a-movie-night or a silly rom-com.