Aether looked disappointed.
"She appeared as an illusion because you miss her so much." Paimon said in a sad tone.

"Atleast we found this." Aether said, trying to change the topic.

After some discussion, Yelan mentioned that the compass looked like a catalyst that her clan used. She then started tinkering with the compass.

The compass started floating in the middle of the circle they all stood in.

"Let's get out of here, now that we have the compass!" Yelan said.

They then found the exit and left the domain.

-

Y/n was still unconscious, but hopefully she'll wake up now that they had left the domain.

They once again stood in a circle around the compass, right outside of the domain.

"Ooh, seems like you've made a new discovery?"  Paimon said.

They had found another letter inside the compass.

Yelan told them about her ancestors, and how one came back while the other one didn't. It seems the one who didn't come back fought alongside Bosacius and were tainted by his karma.

As they read through the letter, it seemed that her ancestor Boyang, stayed here for good.

Yelan sighed in annoyance, "So that's it? There's no way out?" She said.

Paimon panicked, "What are we gonna do?! Are we gonna die here? Paimon doesen't wanna die!"

She started panicking and yelling, this caused Xiao to look at Y/n in his arms.
She was slightly starting to wake up, and slowly blinked her eyes because of all the yelling.

Paimon flew around the room and accidentally flew into the compass, making it tilt and hit the ground.

As Y/n slowly stirred awake, Xiao put her down, but held her closely next to him.

He kneeled down to pick the compass up, at the same time so did Yelan. Xiao picked it up before her and held it, he then placed it into the air where it once was.

Y/n pov:

I looked around and realized we were out of the domain.
My legs were still weak and so was my sight, so Xiao held my tightly with one arm around my waist.

I looked and saw that they had gotten a hold of the compass Yanfei was looking for.

Yanfei seemed to be in deep thought before yelling, "I got it!".

She quickly checked one of her books saying she had to "double check" something.

We all looked at her in confusion.
"Aha... mhm..." she seemed to be in on something.

"On my way here I studied the will the whole time. I have read this before, the gist of the story goes like this: millennia ago, an adeptus made a magic device to seal away evil monsters. Later, he made a good friend with a human, and gave the device to him to use as a catalyst. A few years later, great demons haunted the mountains. The mortal and the adeptus joined forces to exorcise them using the same device." She said.