"This is for His Highness," he said, revealing a roll of paper in his hands.

"Why did it take you so long to deliver a message?" One of the guards asked.

"It has been hard to leave Anthreal." The man replied meekly. "There are guards at every entrance to the kingdom,"

The guard nodded before turning around to enter the room. The room was filled with very few people. Heads turned the moment the guard came in. All except one.

"Finally," that man said, raising a hand. "You took your time,"

The guard was startled for a moment. He knew how dangerous the man who talked to him was just now. Previously, he required everyone to call him Lord. Now, it changed to His Highness. By the passing day, his arrogance leveled like a cup filled with water.

With a sigh, he walked forward and handed the paper to that man. Elest Simion took it in his hands and opened it unhurriedly. His dark eyes scanned the message before he crumbled the paper into pieces.

"What does it say, Your Highness?..." Lord Alion asked him with a hint of anxiety.

"Duke Ares Daven has been ill for weeks. Death is upon him like clouds."

Everyone exchanged shocked looks. According to their new king, that man was one of the few to know the truth about him.

"It seems that my nephew would soon have a shock. Or he already had." Elest Simion continued, putting a hand on his forehead.

More silence prevailed. The time it took for news to reach their area from Anthreal took some time.

"Your Highness," General Anthony said calmly. "Now that the boy knows the truth, I suggest it is the right moment to attack while he is weak."

"Not yet." the man mumbled.

There was still time for the right moment. If he killed Xander right away, it would not give him joy. He needs to deal with his wife first.

"We missed the chance to attack his Queen while we had the chance," Lord Alion said, thumping his fists on the table. "Now that she is with child, it is a disadvantage, Your Highness."

General Anthony looked away, not bothering to mask his discontent. He knew that the Queen was with children but drew a line between serving and child slaughter.

"What do you say, General?"

"Lord Alion is right in a sense," He replied. "But we can not attack the Queen at this moment."

"And why not?" Lord Alion inquired.

"Because of her father," Anthony spoke gently. "I got the information that King Matthew had coronated his lost son. We can anger Xander, but we can not anger the King of Peliasse. I have information that he has thirty thousand men in his army. The numbers will increase as he establishes peace with the surrounding kingdoms. Besides, the Queen will be ever more protected now."

Elest Simion closed his eyes and smiled. He was impressed at how thoughtful his general was. He was right. "We need time," he said. "Just the right moment to hit two birds with a stone,"

Evil thoughts fuel evil deeds. And evil deeds cause catastrophes.
.................................................................

Karra's POV:

I had never seen the Queen worry this much.

She stayed near the King's door for a few hours. No matter how much I persuaded her, she refused to leave. She announced that she would not leave the corridor and wait for the King to open the doors.