Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For

Start from the beginning

The large doors closed after Aayla and Bly walked into Dhara's house.

"Did you tell them to do that with their lightsabers?" Aayla asked, with a smile still on her face.

"I might have had the idea. Did you ask the vod to stand at attention?"

"I might have had the idea." Aayla admitted, copying her husbands words.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

Aayla blushed a little. "Thank you. You look very handsome."

"Thanks."

"Want to go eat? Dhara made some really good food."

"I would love to." Bly grabbed Aayla's hand and walked back outside, where the party had already started.

.oOo.

Just as everyone was about to begin eating, a clinking noise occurred throughout the party. The source: Reno.

"Hey everyone. So apparently as one of the two best men, I'm supposed to give a speech since Sid didn't want to." Sid face planted at Reno's words. "So anyways. I'm not really sure how to do this, I've only seen it done on one of the holomovies that Wolffe Pack made us watch. But anyways, I've known Bly his whole life, for the most part. We met when we were... supposed to be five years old. He always had the sense of determination, purpose, and protecting everyone. And that was normal for a clone, I guess. Then when you met Aayla all of those traits just strengthened. You got so kriffing protective." Reno laughed. "I would tell the story about the night after Maridun but I won't even go there. Anyways, you were so uptight before the war too, it really was so annoying. But after you met Aayla you calmed down a little bit. Anyways, Aayla- thank you for making him a better person. Because he was a little unbearable to be around. I will be handing this over to Shaak Ti now."
Reno made his way back to his seat next to Faylin.

"You need to tell me the story of the night after Maridun later." Faylin immediately said with a smirk.

"Oh you're going to love it."

Shaak Ti, who had forgone her typical Jedi attire, took the small microphone from Reno and stood up.

"Just like Reno said about Bly, I have know Aayla since we were both toddlers. We grew up together as sisters. I could always tell that she wasn't going to stay in the Order for long, mostly because of Quinlan." Shaak Ti laughed. "The idea of you leaving made me sad for so long; I really had no idea who I would talk to if you weren't around. Thankfully you were there during the war, or I don't know how I would have made it through. That's not the real reason I'm glad you were there during the war though. You always thought the Jedi wasn't your real family. And then you found Bly and the 327th, and I could tell that you had found your new family. I'm so glad you have the family you deserve now."
Shaak Ti set the microphone down and walked back to her table. After sitting down, she felt the Force connection of her life-long best friend.

Thank you.

Talk later tonight?

Of course.

.oOo.

Everyone agreed that the food Dhara made was absolutely delicious. Dinner and dessert took about an hour, and was followed by dancing.
Aayla and Bly were the first ones to dance.