Spy

We spent the next hour remaking Wills shed. We covered the walls with newspapers, took everything out, tied Will to a chair, and waited for him to wake up. We shone two bright lights in his face and Hopper woke him up by sticking bleach under his nose. Will gasped and looked around at all of us. Me, Mike, Jonathan, Joyce and Hopper. He struggled against the washing in we had used to tie him up.

"What? What is this? What is this!? Why am I tied up!?"

Joyce crouched down infront of him.

"Will, we're not gonna hurt you." She said gently "We just wanna talk to you."

Hopper bent over and showed him the picture of the Mind Falyer he drew.

"Do you recognise this?"

Will shook his head.

"Hey," Joyce said "We wanna help you. But we have go understand how to kill it. And how to get it out of you."

"Why am I tied up!?" Will demanded. He started screaming. Over and over. The lights started to flicker and his voice started to change, like he had two of them. The other was deep and inhuman. Soon the other was louder than Wills. Hopper held Will back as he shook the chair and screamed. Then he started to calm down, the lights went back to normal and Will was suddenly seemed very tired.

Hopper let him go and Joyce sat on the cahor opposite Will.

"Do you know what March 22nd is?"

Will shook his head.

"It's your birthday. Your birthday. When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons. You remember that? It was 120 colours. And all your friends they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colours. And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie. It was your spaceship. A rainbow ship, is waht you called it. And you must have used every colour in the box. I took that with me, to Melvald's and I put it up and I told everyone who came in, 'My son drew this.' And you were so embarrassed." Joyce laughed sadly "But I was so proud. I was so, so proud."

Jonathan took a shaky breath "Do you remember the day dad left?" He knelt down infront of him "We stayed up all night building Castle Byers, just the way you drew it. And it took so long because you were so bad at hammering." His and Joyce laughed "You missed the nail every time. And then it started raining, but we stayed out anyway. We were both sock for like a week after that. But we just had to finish it didn't we? We just had to."

"Do you remember the first day we met?" Mike asked, I looked and saw he was crying "It was- it was the first day at kindergarten. I knew no body. I had no friends and... I just felt so alone and so scared but... I saw you on the swings, and you were alone too. You were just swinging by yourself. And, I just walked up to you and I asked. I asked if you wanted to be my friend. And you said yes. You said yes. It was the best thing I've ever done."

I took a deep breath "Do you remember the day your got lost in the woods? Last year, after that night at Mike's playing Dnd. The dive rolled off the table on the final fight and we thought we'd never know if we won. But we found the dice, saw we had lost. Me and Dustin and Lucas didn't want to tell Mike but you told him anyway. Then, we were heading home together, on our bikes." I realised I was about to cry and wiped under my eyes "I never forgave myself. I always blamed myself for what happened. Then and now. I figured, of I had just stayed with you, or if I had grabbed your sleeve and made you run with me, then it never would have happened. Or it would have happened but... you wouldn't have had to go through it alone. Even now, even today, right now, I feel like... if I'd have just stayed with you instead of leaving you in that shed, all this could have been avoided. I felt like that and... I never told you, I never apologised. So, um, Will," I don't remember looking down but at some point I had. I looked up at him and laughed, now crying "Sorry I got you involved in all this shit."