Operation Mirkwood

"So mum," I said at breakfast "I think I wanna try school today."

"You sure?" She asked me.

"Yeah I think I feel up to it." I smiled at her "Plus just hanging here all day is actually kinda boring."

She nodded "Ok, if you want to. But if anything happens tell a teacher and they'll call me and I'll come pick you up."

I nodded "Ok mum, I will."

After breakfast I grabbed El and we went to Mike's. We went over the plan one more time while El sat on the sofa.

"We'll tell our parents we AV club after school." Mike said "That'll give a few hours for operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think the weirdo knows where Will is?"

"Yes, I do!" I snapped at Lucas  "And stop calling her the weirdo, her names Eleven."

"Lucas," Mike said  l"did you get the supplies?"

Lucas grabbed his bag off the floor "Binoculars, from 'Nam, army knife, also from 'Nam, hammer, camouflage bandana and the wrist rocket!"

"You're gonna take out teh Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asked skepticaly.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye, and blind it!"

"You know when I saw it, I don't thi k it had a face. How you gonna blind something without a face."

"Shut up!" Lucas put the slingshot down "It has to have a face."

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike asked.

Dustin grabbed his bag and emptied it on to the table "Well alrighty. So we've got, Nuty bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Lucas asked.

"We need energy for our travels, for stamina."

"You're pathetic." I told him.

"What did you get then?" He shouted.

I unslung my bag and slammed my supplies on the table "Stole from my dad's room."

"Is that a gun?" Lucas yelled.

"No its a blanket." I said sarcastically  "Course it's a gun."

"Why do we even need wepons?" Dusti  asked "We have her." He pionted to El.

"She's not a wepon." I told him as he rummaged through a box "She's a person."

"Yeah she shut one door." Lucas said.

"With her mind! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Like, I bet she could make this fly!" He pulled out a toy model star wars ship. He showed it to her.

"She's not a dog, Dustin." I said as he dropped it.

"Kids, time for school!" Mike's mum called down.

We all grabbed our stuff and headed up the stairs. I crouched down infront of El.

"Ok you know those power lines behind this house?" El nodded "Meet us there at 3:15, ok?"

"3:15?"

"Oh here." I handed her my watch "When this reads 3:15, head there. In the mean time just, entertain yourself down here. Eat Dustins snacks and stay out of sight, got it?"

El nodded.

"Ok I'll see you after school." I got up and ran up the stairs. I closed the door and caught up with the others. We rode to school and I was greeted with stares, lots of stares.