Chapter 18 | Reunion

*Disclaimer: Detailed descriptions of blood and injury*

BANG BANG BANG

It was a crisp sound followed by a high-pitched scream. The noise lingered eerily in the street.

William's eyes shot open wide. He took off sprinting.

Please be safe... please be safe!!! William desperately called out to Louise praying that his wish reached her. His boots slammed against the stone path as he darted around the corner. Hurriedly, he slid into the small alleyway which led towards Herder's hideout.

Just as he was about to turn the last corner, he heard Louise sneer in such a cruel way it made his stomach sink. He halted immediately and signaled the others to do the same. She was okay... but at what cost?

"So...? Did you get what you wanted?" Her tone was malicious and she stressed every note.

The response was filled with rage, "You... you deserve hell for everything you stole from me."

"Like what? Was it that little pastel dress that you were supposed to wear for your debutante which I wore instead? Or was it--"

"SHUT UP!! Anything that comes out of your lowly mouth is DIRT... You STOLE my life from me and DARE mock me in the face of death... my status, my friends, my life... you even stole my NAME from me!!"

"Why I didn't steal it, it was given to me," Louise cooed in a sweet, sweet song that flowered from her throat. A hearty laugh with sinister undertones followed, "If you want to resent someone it should be your own father for god's sake."

BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG.

William sprung out from behind the corner and, with a click of the pistol, was prepared to take down whoever made the shot. The sight that filled his eyes was abhorrent to say at least.

Louise was sprawled on the ground her legs extended before her weakly. A male body lay dead beside her, full of holes as if used as a shield for bullets. There was a heavy stream of blood flowing from one of her ears which had soaked the entire collar and shoulder area of her blouse. Dark maroon splashes and already browning stains created an abstract pattern on the fabric of her skirt.

A wave of relief washed over William as he captured her alert violet eyes that stared right through the figure towering over her. The person with the pistol was none other than her sister, Isabella Anne Marcelle.

"Oh, hello darling," Louise smiled.

"Have you gone insane..." Isabella sniggered. But her victorious mood was shut down by Moran's loud footsteps. Isabella flipped around to see four grown men having their pistols pointed at her.

"You're... you're the men from my mansion back in Durham!!"

William remained still, which indicated to the others not to shoot.

"She's here... the one who captured one of your friends!" Isabella frantically pointed her own gun at Louise swinging her arm in a frenzy.

BANG

Isabella collapsed onto the ground, screaming. "How DARE YOU!" She yelled, pointing her pistol one more time at Louise.