I didn't manage to build up the courage to speak again so I didn't.

"Everything is chaotic here." Xiao said, confirming Yanfeis thoughts.

Aether spoke, "Find a way to get to us!" He said, I nodded for some reason.

"No." Xiao answered, my stomach dropped and my irises were shaking.

"The darkness that sullies my soul I harmful to mortals." He said.

You'll be fine!! I'm here to take that darkness away!! You won't hurt anybody!!

I tried to yell, but my words were stuck in my throat.

What if I said something dumb?

Something that stopped him from coming here?

I put both of my hands to cover my mouth, leaving the talking to Yanfei and Aether.

Why did I feel so insecure all of a sudden?

Why did I feel the need to hide if I see Xiao?

"We have more dangers to worry about! This space is using your voice to lure us into traps!" Yanfei explained.

"Without you here with us, we could end up in danger." Aether said.

"So you're in danger too?" Xiao said.

My heart shot with false pain. He's in danger?!

Aether looked over to me and he could see me visibly shaking, and that my words were stuck.

He though for a moment.

"There was no need for you to search for me." Xiao said.

Aether spoke, I had a feeling about what he would say by the way he looked at me. "Xiao! I think it would be in your best interest to find a way here!" He yelled.

"Why is that?" Xiao asked while groaning again.

Aether looked at me, I didn't do anything, he then looked at Yanfei who nodded.

"There's someone here on our side that you might want to meet, you'll regret it if you don't." Aether said.

I felt my heart speed up.

Please come here...

I still couldn't say anything and when I tried, my body stopped my voice from coming out.

After a few moments of silence Xiao spoke, "How do we meet?" He said.

My lips quivered even more.

"Conqueror of Demons, can you find out where our voices are coming from? Find the spot where our voices are clearest and try something there, it might work." Yanfei gave him the instructions.

I waited, but it wasn't patiently. I felt my tail going back and forth.

"I see..." Xiao said.

"Hurry! If we miss this chance, you might not get another one and you will regret it for the rest of your life!" Yanfei said, urging him over.

"Hm..." we heard him. It seems as if he had gotten at least a little curios.

Then the spacing rift disappeared.

My ears fell.

Is he gone?...

I looked down to the ground.

"Stand back!" We all heard Xiao's voice yell.
My ears shot up and I looked back.

Yanfei and Aether stepped back, but I didn't.

And then the spacial rift appeared again, and a second later... Xiao dashed through the air, appearing on our side.

It felt as if time had stopped.
It felt as if no time had passed at all, he looked no different than he did two years ago.
Neither of us did.

He then landed in the ground,crouching down and grunted in pain multiple times. He had opens wounds on his body. Yanfei and Aether hurried towards him.

I walked towards him as well, my feet gave in as I was in front of him and I fell to my knees.

He grunted in pain a few more times, but then he started lifting his head up.

I sat in front of him and then... our eyes met.

Tears escaped my eyes.

His eyes widened with shock.
His irises were shaking.

My whole body was shaking.

"X-Xiao..." My throat was dry, causing me to stutter.

Yanfei and Aether understood the moment and they slowly stood back, leaving me and Xiao some room.

Xiao's hand was shaking and he looked at me in shock and horror, his lips started quivering and he lifted his shaking hand towards my face.

He slowly placed his hand on my cheek, and then he let out a small gasp as he realized I wasn't an illusion.
Not soon after, tears rolled down his face, and so did mine.

"N-no... you..." He said in a low and weak voice.

I placed my hand over the one he had placed on my face and leaned into his touch.

I reached my other hand to his face.

Yanfei spoke in a low voice, trying not ruin our moment, "He's injured. We should-"

Xiao pulled my face towards him and he kissed me.

This caused Yanfei to stop talking and she slowly backed away from our moment.

Xiao pulled away after a small kiss, "How... y-you...." He stuttered, still in shock.

I put both my hands on his face, cupping his whole face and brought my face closer to his.

"I'm here Xiao... I'm here... and I'm staying here, right next to you..."