Chapter 45 {This Isn't Easy At All!}

Start from the beginning

Tears tickled the corner of Lily's eyes. "N-Now what?" She didn't like this. She was already getting cold sweat as her mind couldn't help but think of the worse possibilities. She flinched when she felt a palm upon her head. Her shoulders eased at Erina's soft head pats.

"For now, we gotta keep moving." Erina's smile faltered when she too hear distance buzzing. "This quest is too dangerous." She sighed. "I just hope the others are safe..." Her fingers ran through her blonde locks in growing concern-

"ERINA, LOOK OUT!" She could barely react when Lily suddenly shot an icy spike, aiming it at what stood behind her. Her lime green eyes widened at the fallen giant bee.

She stumbled back in shock. Her knees had grown weak, how did not notice it?!

"Erina! Are you alright?!" Lily cried, running to her side. The blonde girl could only nod slowly which made the smaller girl cry in relief. "It came out of nowhere!" Erin herself had cried. It was a terrifying experience. Wait...she started to sniff. Raising a brow, she caught a certain odor in the air.

"Hey...do you smell that?" It was a strong smell and it was coming from the monstrous insect. Erina approached the fallen insect even though Lily was not too happy about it.

"W-Wait! We can't get too close!" The white-haired girl tried to pull her back. However, the blonde girl could not get that odd smell out of her head.

"Maybe it could be a clue..." Erina furrowed her brows, crouching down as she inspect the creature more closely.

"A clue?" Lily blinked before she realized what the other girl meant. Oh, to the berserk of the Giant Bees. She pushed down her jittery fear and also tried to look for more clues amid the creature's corpse. Nothing really seemed particularly odd to her until she smelled the strange odor that Erina was so curious about.

She blinked her ruby eyes and furrowed her brows. Odd. She doesn't why but she actually felt familiar with it.

"You recognized it, Lily?" Erina noticed her face. The white-haired girl merely gave a hesitant nod. She remembered smelling something as familiar but doesn't remember where.

She ruffled her own hair as she tried to work her memory gears. She knows this.

Bzzzz....the sound of buzzing made her freeze. Unfortunately, the bees did not appreciate their hard work in solving this problem out. These berserk bees-wait a minute. Could it be?

The white-haired girl snapped her head to her friend. Berserk Potion, of course! She wanted to hit herself for realizing it so late. Yes, it was not the common effects of the said potion, however, it could be a modification of some sort.

Ah, she held her head as it ached. This potion business is not her expertise. Perhaps Avelyn or even Kathryn would know more about this.

Crashhhhhh. She blinked when a corpse of a Giant Bee suddenly crashed before her. Her arm was tugged by Erina as they both were forced to run.

"We gotta get to the others!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"....?" The pinkette slowly blinked as she looked at her surroundings. She had poked at some wax and wondered where she was.

She sighed to herself and petted her lightly bruised knees. It would not be too difficult to navigate herself out of the old ruins. The greater hassle would be the berserk monsters roaming around.

She took out her staff and carefully approached each corner. She could hear faint buzzing, insinuating that they were still within close range.

Then she picked up another sound. Her brows grew lightly tense as she caught the sounds of stumbling footsteps? Oh. She lowered her staff.