Chapter 45 {This Isn't Easy At All!}

Start from the beginning

'I really hope that you guys are alright...'

Despite that eerie silence, her thoughts couldn't go undisturbed. Her eyes twitched at the familiar buzzing.

Okay, what's with her team and bad luck, huh? Every quest that they had taken always had some stupid plot twist or turn for the worse. She let out an annoyed growl before she unsheathed her sword. With the blade pointed at one, she unleashed a fiery attack.

And what she thought should have been a short moment, took ages. Cynthia was breathing heavily as s hunched forward with her hands on her knees. These bees were relentless. They were not afraid of her fire and they would not stop attacking. Even at the cost of their life.

She leaned her head against the wall and slipped down it. It was ridiculous, just like Kathryn had said. This was exactly like the corrupted Dark Kulid. She managed to escape, killing just a few as causality. Yeah, she gotta conserve both her energy and magic as much as she could. If this quest were anything like their previous, these bees are gonna be persistent as heck.

And something or someone had changed these bees.

Now, that leaves two plans. One, they continue with their quest and search for the source of the mess. Or two, they forgo their quest and flee back to the guild for safer investigation.

Cynthia groaned when she had to move. The far-distance buzzing easily told her of upcoming enemies but she got to move. Forcing her tired legs-arghh she was so tired but knew better than to stay alone in one place for too long.

'Dammit, where the heck are my friends?!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit shit shit!" Roselyn cursed with tears dripping down her cheeks. Not that she could hear herself under the sound of the heavy buzzing.

"Just keep running!" Kathryn merely shouted. She threw her hand back, and a conjured stone was thrown at a bee that was getting too close.

"Kathryn!" Avelyn frowned. Even if a monstrous bee was out to kill them, it is still a creature with feelings! Something is causing them to act this way. Unfortunately, the girl's great empathy for animals and creatures is not shared.

"It is us or them, and I choose us!" The green-haired girl snapped back. This clearly aroused an argument between the two girls while Roselyn gaped at them in disbelief.

They are being chased by killer bees! They should not be wasting precious energy and breathing arguing! The orange-haired heroine wanted to cry-even more than she was already crying now.

"I hope the others are having better luck than us-arghhh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...Li...li..." She slowly opened her eyes to see concerned green eyes. "E-Erina?" She slowly blinked as she lifted her upper body from the ground? She felt an unexpected texture. Wax? Wait, what happen-

She froze when the memories came rushing back. She snapped her head towards Erina. "Th-The Giant Bees! Is everyone okay?!" Her red eyes could not see anyone else other than Erina. Her heart dropped when the blonde girl sadly shook her head.

"We..." Erina sighed. "We got forcibly separated." True, technically they were planning to split ways but the variable of those bees made none of them easy.