Chapter 2 - The Promise

Start from the beginning

'How are you?' His voice was full of emotions.

'I am okay, Abby'. She responded with a smile.

'How did it happen?' He asked, referring to the incident. Shazia wasn't surprised that her parents were aware. She knew her escorts would definitely inform him even if she stopped them so she didn't bother doing that.

'It was my fault, my mind wasn't on the road. I didn't know when I bumped into his car, I swear it was an accident Abby'.

'It's okay, we understand. I want you to always remember something'. He paused 'In life, things happen beyond our control and we just have to accept them as they come. Neither the accident nor the slap was your fault, I want you to keep that in mind'.

'And always remember, Allah SWT knows what's best for each and every one of His servants so whatever happens good or bad is always for the best'. Hajiya Naima spoke at last.

'Thank you so much Abby and Ummy. I really appreciate all you do. The love, advice, everything. And I love you both'. She said, giving them a genuine smile. If there's anything life has taught her these past weeks it's that one should always tell people how he/she feels about them while he/she can.

Just outside the mansion, the gold decorated automatic vertical pivot lift gate opened and a car drove in. The driver honked as he approached his very own customized parking space which accommodates five cars.

The El-Muneer Mansion

The El-Muneer mansion is located at El-Muneer Drive in Ungwar Rimi. It measures about 15000 Square feet, occupying one-third of the Drive. There is a large Masjid (Mosque) outside the walls of the mansion. The mansion is surrounded by tall white veneer stone walls and the mansion is made of ivory-white marbles and glass. The entrance to the premises is a beautifully gold decorated white automatic vertical pivot lift gate with a security house on the right.

In the premises are a circular driveway with a beautifully mowed lawn on both sides, a cascading fountain, the mansion, Fahad's two storey geodesic dome, an elegantly lush garden, a two storey guest apartment, a small arch bridge with a stream flowing beneath it, an amazingly large parking area, two detached Servants' quarters, a large swimming pool, tennis court and a golf course.

The El-Muneer mansion is a 4 storey building which can only be accessed through the El-Muneers' fingerprints. There's a foyer leading into the building. At the far end are bifurcated stairs and a home elevator which take you to other levels in the house.

The El-Muneer mansion is heavily guarded by 20 armed persons.

'Yaya (big brother) is back!'. She exclaimed just as he honked again. This is his signature entrance move to announce his appearance. He honks twice before parking! She silently prayed he would not be told about the incident.

Fahad, a really tall, fair and handsome guy with a sturdy, muscular physique parked and sluggishly stepped out of his black bugatti veyron dressed in a royal blue slim fit suit, his neatly trimmed sideburns and moustache adding so much beauty to his face - One look at him and you could think he is Arab. The long meeting at the office drained almost every bit of energy in the 32 year old. All the escorts and personal assistants (PA) in the house came to greet him as they normally do.

'What is it, Faruk? What happened to her? He enquired without responding to the greetings. One thing Fahad knows for sure is that one only sees Faruk in such a mood when something bad happens to Shazia.

'Some guy slapped her'. Faruk murmured, not sure how Fahad would react

'Wait! What?!!' Fahad roared with all the energy he had left in him.

'She bumped into his car'.

'Let me guess! And you were all just standing like nincompoops while he got away with the slap?' Fahad yelled, with raised eyebrows.

'We were all actually in the car, she prevented us from retaliating'. Ahmad replied in a really low tone.

'What car was it? The guy's car I mean'.

'A 2017 Mercedes Benz GLA 250'. They chorused.

Fahad spat! He thought it was something far greater. 'She was driving the Crosstour, wasn't she?'. He concluded, not expecting an answer from any of the men. He turned to his Personal Assistant who was standing behind him. 'Dispose of that car first thing tomorrow morning and get her a 3rd 2019 Landcruiser Prado'. He ordered. His PA nodded.

The escorts were still rooted to their spots waiting for his orders. 'Track him down! I want him found, whatever it takes! Just bring him to me unharmed, I'll handle the situation myself'. He ordered, stomping off to the entrance of the mansion.

'Yes Sir!'. They dispersed. Faruk was really happy, Shazia was definitely getting the justice she deserves.

'Assalamu alaikum (Peace be upon you)'. Fahad greeted as he walked into the dining room. He was a lot calmer than he was just 2 minutes ago.

'Wa alaikumussalam (And upon you be peace)'. They all replied. He greeted their parents while giving them pecks on the cheeks.

'You are late today'. Hajiya Naima sounded worried.

'Sorry Ummy, our meeting took longer than expected. Then I stopped at the Masjid to pray Isha before coming home'. He apologised.

'You need to start taking good care of yourself'. Alhaji El-Muneer advised. Fahad nodded respectfully. 'Sit and have your meal'.

Fahad hugged Shazia who was quiet the whole time, as he sat on the chair next to her. 'How are you darling?'. He enquired, touching her once chubby cheeks.

'I am fine Yaya, how are you?' She responded.

'I am okay too'.

The family finished dinner and the servants cleared the table. 'I'll take my leave now'. Fahad said to their parents, bidding them goodnight. 'Shazia I promise you I'll avenge your slap'. He added while hugging her, finally letting the family know he was aware of the incident.

'It's okay Yaya. Please there's no need for you to stress yourself, I promise I am okay'. Fahad only nodded and left. Shazia knew his mind was already made up and there was nothing she could say to prevent him from fulfilling this particular promise so she didn't try stopping him to plead with him. That slap was not something Fahad will take lightly, everyone knew that! The family retired to their various sections.

End of Chapter 2.

What do you think?

So we've met Shazia's best friend, Laura?

OMG! I really want to visit the El-Muneer Mansion 😍😍

AND wait!! Did we just learn that Shazia has an elder brother and he is going to avenge that slap? I am sooo excited!!!

Add this book to your list so you don't miss out!

Please vote, comment and share.
Thank you as you do😁