⚡️ Chapter Twelve ⚡️

Start from the beginning

I shake my head. "No, no, no. Just...hear me out. We already know that he's taken at least two Titans out already. We can use him as a weapon!"

"You're kidding. How the hell do you think we're suppose to steer that thing?" Connie asks.

"Well..." Armin turns to look at the Titan. "Something tells me that he's fighting on instinct. I'm almost sure when he's done with the pair he's tangling with now, he'll go look for others."

"Which, if you look around and see that there's practically no Titans around, would lead him straight to HQ." I add. "So, we're not steering him so much as luring him there. I think this could really work, guys."

"You're asking us to risk our necks in a stupid gut feeling?! Y/n, you're apart of 'steering' this thing too!" Connie exclaims.

Armin turns around to face us. "If we're right about this, we can put down the siege on headquarters in one fell swoop!"

"It's worth a shot." Mikasa remarks.

"Huh?!" Connie looks at her. "Seriously?! You too?!"

"It's better to take a gamble on their gut feeling then wait around to be slaughtered." She explains. "Besides, this seems like a decent shot. Why not take it?"

Connie scoffs. "So, what you're telling me is that we're basically going to recruit a Titan?!"

Mikasa nods. "Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying."

Connie sighs. "You can always count on the Arlert twins to come up with an idea..." He looks at the both of us. "You know, we'll look like morons if we screw this up, right?"

Armin smiles softly. "Yeah, but if we don't, look at how many lives we stand to save."

"Where there's a will, there's a way." Mikasa says, before running toward the Titan with Armin, Connie, and I following directly behind her. I sure do hope this works...

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"We'll jump through that window, once he starts to take out those two with their heads in the wall!" Mikasa commands.

The plan has worked out very well for us. The four of us practically rode the Titan all the way here. It was a struggle to hold onto his hair, but we did it.

"Connie, get with Armin and be ready!" I yell.

"On it!" He replies.

"On three, we'll jump." Mikasa orders, making Connie and I nod.

This Titan has spotted the other two. "One..." He now running at them at full speed. "Two..." He's drawn his fist back and has now swung it at their heads. "Three!"

The three of us, including Armin, who is in Connie's arms, jump off the Titan and propel ourselves to break through the window, finally making it inside HQ. I think I used a little too much gas, because I just crashed into a desk.

"Ow! Shit!" I exclaim, grabbing my arm. "That's going to be sore now..."

"Y/n!" Jean exclaims, helping me up. "What the hell were you doing?!"

I sigh, brushing the glass off my clothes. I also realized that I have scratches on my hands, because of the glass on the floor. "Using the rest of my gas to get in here."

"Y/n. Are you alright?" Mikasa asks.

I nod, as I walk over and sit down by Armin, checking him for any injuries. "Yeah. I'm fine. Thank you."

"Mikasa!" Jean exclaims, taking notice of her. "You're-"

"Wow. That was a close one. I was running on fumes." Connie laughs softly, as he beats on one of his gas tanks.

I pull out one of my own. "I'm all out. I used what was left to get in here."

"We all made it, though! It's crazy, but we made it!" He puts his gas tank away. "It's all thanks to you and Armin!"

"You- I-" Jean stammers. "Am I dreaming this or what?"

Connie lightly slaps Armin and I on our backs, making both of us grunt softly. "You two are certified geniuses!" He stops slapping our backs. "From now on, as far as I'm concerned, your words are law!"

"Uh, I wouldn't go as far to say that our words are law, but thank you." Armin replies.

"Of course!" He exclaims, before looking at Jean. "Check it out! We found an Abnormal that's got a bone to pick with its own kind!" He points at the Titan that's just outside the huge hole in the wall. "And the best part is that he couldn't care less about us!"

"Huh? What are you saying?" Jean questions.

"That's right, you heard me!" Connie confirms. "This big and beautiful son of a bitch is our ticket out of here!"

I get off the ground, helping Armin up as well. "It's...it's a fire versus fire situation! I'll admit, it's strange, but..." I look at the Titan as he walks away to fight other Titans. "He's been a wonderful asset so far!"

"A Titan working with us? You guys are out of your minds, if you think this is going to work-" Jean starts.

"It is working." Mikasa assures, interrupting him. "For whatever reason, he's rampaging against them. Stand back and let him do it. Trust me. You'll see. Either way, what choice do we have? Right now, that thing is our best chance at survival."

It goes silent, as everyone watches the Titan flip another Titan over his shoulder, smashing two smaller Titans.

I hope this Titan keeps helping us out and doesn't start paying attention to us. That would be bad. Still, there's something so familiar about this Titan that I can't pin down. Maybe I'll figure it out soon...

A/N: Hey, cadets! I want to thank you all for all the reads I've already gotten and how many of you have this in your libraries! This is crazy, guys! Of all the fanfictions I've written, this is the first one to have ever gone up this fast. Thank you all so much!

As always, please let me know if you want to see Y/n have more interactions with someone. I hope you all enjoyed. Bye, cadets!