⚡️ Chapter Twelve ⚡️

Start from the beginning

The now headless Titan still tries to get back up, but the other Titan stomps on what was left of its nape, officially killing it.

"It...it just finished it off." Armin remarks. "It knew exactly where the weak spot was!"

"Come on, guys. It's time to split before he comes over to us!" Connie exclaims.

I shake my head, as I watch the Titan in curiosity. "No. Can't you see, Connie? It has no reaction to us. It knew we were here, but it still killed the other Titan rather than killing us. I mean, if it were some other Titan, it would've be on top of us by now, but...this one's different than other Titans..."

"It seemed to understand the skill of hand-to-hand combat." Mikasa adds. "What is that thing?"

Speaking of its knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, the way it positioned its hands looks a little familiar, but I can't pin why just yet.

"Just chalk it up as another Abnormal!" Connie suggest. "Hell! They're always an unpleasant surprise, right? Forget about it. Let's just get out of here!"

"Wait a minute, hold on." Armin says, quickly turning toward Connie. "Mikasa's tanks are empty!"

I lay a hand on Connie's shoulder. "Don't tell me you forgot already."

"Of course I didn't." He replies, before placing his hands on his head. "What are we going to do?! We need Mikasa to lead the way to HQ!"

"There's only one thing to do." Armin says, crouching next to Mikasa's gas tanks and starts switching his out with hers.

"Armin!" She exclaims.

"There's not much left, but it's better if you have them me." He replies. "You have to lead us to HQ."

He puts his blades in her blade sheath. "There. I've restored a bit of your gas and restocked your blades." He picks up a really small blade. "Just...just leave me this one, ok? It's just that...I'd rather this be my end..."

Abruptly, I take the blade out of his hand and throw it down into the alley below.

"Whoa!" Connie shouts. "Do you want your own brother to die here?!"

"Of course I don't!" I yell. "Why would I ever want that?!"

Armin looks at me with wide eyes. "Then w-why'd you do-"

"Armin." Mikasa says, placing a hand on his. "We're not leaving you behind."

I put one set of blades into his blade sheath. "Not ever."

"But..." He stands up. "None of you can jump and carry me on your back at the-"

"Just come on already!" I grab his wrist and practically drag him behind me, as Mikasa, Connie, and I run toward the edge of this roof toward HQ. I don't know what's going on, but I'm feeling very confident in myself right now.

"No!" Armin suddenly yells and jerks himself out of my grasp. "Hold on! I've got an idea!"

"What is it then?" Connie asks.

Armin looks between the three of us. "Only you three can pull this off, so it's really your choice. This may sound crazy, but I think he might be useful."

"Whoa! Do you mean the Titan?" Connie asks, sounding shocked.

"He only attacks his own kind." Armin continues. "He seems to have no interest in us. What if...we can somehow steer him to HQ and let him loose on the other Titans?"

I nod. "That seems like a good idea to me."

"Huh?!" Connie starts shaking me by my shoulders. "Are you crazy?! Did you hit your head or something?!"