I

GINEVRA P.O.V

Living in a town, as the only daughter is more like being limited to a lot of things, I was usually addressed as the beauty of Italy, I lived with Papa, Mama, and Matteo, my brother in the rural part of Italy...we weren't rich like the Princes and Princesses of the land but we had a little to put on our table, I was always satisfied with what I got, never asked for more when it wasn't mine... As the only daughter of a Farmer and Seamstress, it was hard to follow my dreams, I have to care for the home before I put my dreams to life... Thinking of my dreams was cut short when I knew I would be getting married...

MAY 20, 2000

The day was finally here, the day when my life turns around. I am getting married in an hour to the Prince of Israel, which I don't want to. Marriage isn't supposed to be forced, I want to marry the one I love and not just any stranger that claims to love me. Marrying someone you love brings happiness, but happiness is not on my part now, I'm getting married because I want to fulfill mama and papa's wishes... I still remembered the day the prince came to seek my hands in marriage...

" Good day Mr & Mrs. Esposito, I'm the Prince of Israel, Isa Majed is my name..... and I have traveled far to seek your daughter's face..." I could hear the whole conversation from mama's kitchen, I wasn't pleased about the idea that someone has come to seek my face, I knew no one, not even a prince...

"Good evening My Prince, you are welcome, may I get you something to drink, water?" Mama said with happiness.

"oh no no, Uhm ... I just want to see your daughter"

"Oh, my daughter...Ginevra? Ginevra! Ginevra!" Papa called.

"Yes, Papa!" I rushed down on my knees, greeting the Prince with a bow and papa.

"Mr.Majed is here to see you" I looked at the Prince in disgust... He looked at me in awe.

"I was just telling your parents how beautiful you're and I will love to ask you to be the Princess of Israel and my wife," He said with a smile smug on his face... He can't be serious, he has no manners at all, Is this how he was taught to approach a lady or even ask the lady to be his wife... I laughed unmannerly earning a glare from papa and a look of confusion from the Prince. He called himself a Prince and he couldn't even approach a lady in the right way.

"Ginevra, is there something funny?" Mama said in anger.

"Prince Majed has left his palace to ask you to marry him, so give him that respect and honor like an Esposito" Papa said apologizing to the prince. Hand in marriage? I don't even love him, he doesn't even know me... I can't marry him... The prince cleared his throat.

"I know you would be wondering, how I knew you... Miss Esposito, I have always admired you from afar, I see you every time you come to the countryside to buy Fresh turnips, I even pay the market lady to double your turnips" I couldn't believe my ears, how dare he, he had the guts to stalk me, he didn't even hide his shame in that... I was so furious.

"So Mr. and Mrs. Esposito, I ask once again, can I marry your daughter" His British accent was getting to me. I eyed him furiously. I looked at Papa and Mama, I was waiting for their response... Papa won't let me marry him, Mama would want me to be happy...

"would you keep my daughter in safe hands?"

"sure! I will sir, her care is my responsibility," he said with a sheepish smile... I scoffed in annoyance, was he trying to impress me or what? Papa smiled at Mama before they concluded...