04

Ribbit

૮꒰˶●༝●˶꒱ა ~♡︎
/づ𓆏

       Techno let out a sigh of relief when he saw the girl was there again

       Techno let out a sigh of relief when he saw the girl was there again. Trying, and failing, to keep a small smile from forming on his face Techno walked up, and sat beside the girl just as he had did before.

"I haven't gotten your name" Techno pointed out, looking at the girl who was sitting in the grass, crisscross, just like the day before.

The girl smiled at him before getting out her notebook and quickly scribbling.

Kioshi

"Is that pronounced key-oh-shi?" Techno asked studying the paper in front of him.

The girl nodded her head with a bright smile, extending her hand to the man. Techno chuckled lightly and shook her hand.

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, watching the pond before them. A gasp escaped Kioshi's lips as Techno looked over at the girl, who was excited pointing at something on the pond.

Following her point he saw where a tiny green frog had perched itself on top of lily pad. Chuckling softly at the girls excitement he turned back towards her to see her making expressive hand movements. Watching her cup her hands together he finally understood what she was trying to tell him.

"You wanna catch the frog?" he asked, looking at her curiously.

The girl nodded her head fast in excitement before readjusting herself so that she was on her knees and reaching slowly towards the frog.

The frog noticed the girl and hopped to another lily pad. Kioshi furrowed her eyebrows at the frog, earning an amused smile from Techno.

She tried again, reaching a bit further and inching slowly but the frog noticed again and hopped to a different lily pad.

Kioshi let out a huff, the stray strand of hair that fell in her face flying at the movement, and Techno chuckled softly. She turned her head, playfully glaring at the man who was laughing at her misfortune. She stuck her tongue out at him, which only made him laugh more.

A grin peaked out on her lips at Techno's laughing before she reached further to the frog. With her hands hovering just above the green creature Kioshi bit her lip, determined to not rush and mess it up.

Just as her hands were coming down in a scooping motion she lost her balance, her face nearly coming in contact with the water below her. Had Techno's reflexes not kicked in and grabbed her waist to steady her she would've been swimming for a second time in a week.

"you okay?" Techno asked, watching the girl sit back before removing his hands.

Kioshi nodded in response before holding her hands out, that were cupped into a ball, and a childish grin playing on her lips. Techno's eyes widened as he looked up at her.

"you caught it?!"

Kioshi nodded excitedy, bringing her hands close to her and slowly opening her hands, tilting her head and peaking inside.

Techno shuffled over to peak inside with her, jumping back when the frog jumped, landing right into a bed of curls. Kioshi broke out into laughter, clutching her stomach as she fell back.

"Kioshi. get. it. off" Techno whispered, as if talking loudly would make the frog attack him.

Kioshi laughed more at the man's fear, his eyes wide as he stood very still. Trying to hold back the bursts of giggles she reached to his hair, going to grab the frog.

Just as she was going to grab it the frog jumped off, startling Kioshi as she fell, taking Techno down with her.

Kioshi bursted out into another laughter fit, rolling off the man and onto the grass beside him and he tried to ignore the heat in his face.