- 06

(insert smirk emoji here)

--------------------------------

001 had not slept that night. Every time he closed his eyes all he could think about, could see, was her. It was infuriating, the way she had so easily taken over his mind, his heart, his body. It made him want to ruin everything, but it also made him want to protect her with everything he had. His mind was riddled with the memory of the kiss, and every damn time it popped into his head, the feelings went along with it, the stupid butterflies, his disloyal heartbeat, everything he had warned himself not to get into.

And yet he couldn't stop. Couldn't stop thinking about her, the way she'd touched him, made him feel.

He rolled over again and wanted to smack himself, he needed to focus on the plan, not some stupid girl.

And that's how 001 spent most of his night.

—--------------------------------------------

The walk to the meeting the next morning was likely the most nerve wrecking thing he had ever done. Worse than killing his family, (they had deserved it), worse than all the tests Papa had done on him, (he could end Papa if he really wanted to), for he didn't know how she would react. He had nearly no control over the other girl or her feelings, and the thought of having to fully lean in and trust someone to love him back so completely left him stranded and terrified.

001 half considered turning and running as the door slowly creaked open, and there she was, sitting in the same spot he had been yesterday, looking rather bored. A chess game was already laid out in front of her, and yet he couldn't force himself to move and sit down.

Not until she spoke. "What's wrong with you?" she snapped, raising a brow, her eyes flicking down and up, checking him out with a very bored manner. He scowled and swung himself into the chair, glaring back. Deep down he knew she was only pretending, but it didn't make it hurt any less. Papa nodded to them and left, shutting the door behind him. A1 paused for a few seconds with an almost blank expression, then turned quickly back to 001, looking so apologetic it made his heart break and swell and skip a beat and everything it shouldn't do. "I'm sorry for being so harsh, but if Papa even suspects we meet up outside of these lessons, it would get a lot messier than either of us would like." she professed.

He nodded, not really paying attention. He knew she was sorry, that didn't matter, for the things that did matter to him right now revolved around her, the taste of her lips, the feeling of her hands, everything that had kept him up all night.

"You look like you got no sleep." she remarked after a few silent moments, leaning back, her eyes looking over his face, likely focusing on the dark circles that had formed under his eyes from last night.

"No thanks to you." he snapped, kicking his chair back as he stood up, planting his palms on the cold, metal table. He didn't care if he was being a bitch, his anger at how calm she was, how careless she looked was pushing him over the edge.

She laughed, quirking a brow at his anger. "You truly didn't get any sleep because of me?" she asked as if it were the most absurd thing in the world. She stood up too, still looking far too relaxed.

He sharply walked over to her side of the table, furious at what she had done to him, pissed at how she simply didn't care. She was standing rather close to the wall behind her desk, and almost subconsciously his powers swung her back and pinned her against it, his anger, his want acting on its own.

Now she looked mad, she glared at him, and as if he'd been struck, she used her own abilities to counter his and free her from her spot. "Don't use your abilities on me." she snapped, brushing off the shoulder of her black uniform.

"Fine." he spat back, and without thinking, without stopping to consider if this was a good idea, if she even liked him back, he shoved her back against the wall with his hands on her shoulders and kissed her.
And then she kissed him back.

His pulse fluttered, his body electrified at the feeling of having her, feeling her so damn close to him. Her lips were soft and warm, and he couldn't help but let out a soft groan when her hand reached up and ran through the hair on the back of his neck. Because fuck, every desire that had been running through his head was happening right now. She pulled him closer, both lightly gasping at the feeling of their bodies pressed close together. The taste of her was dizzying, and he wanted more.

He pulled away, both of their eyes opening to make eye contact. Her mouth was still partially open, as if neither were truly processing what they were doing. And even though he wanted nothing more than to get lost in her lips again, he dipped his head. He brought his lips to brush against her neck, relishing in the sound of her soft gasp, pulling away just to watch her eyes flutter closed. However, instead of letting him do it again, she flipped them over, so his back was pressed against the wall and her hands were pinning him down. She kissed him again, and he could only kiss back, feeling so helpless and yet enjoying it far too much. She pulled away again, but stayed close enough that he wanted to lean forward and close the gap. His eyes were focused on her lips, until she pulled further away, his gaze trailing up to her eyes.

"Papa might come back soon." she said, avoiding eye contact.

He rolled his eyes and stepped away from where he had been pressed against the wall. Rather gently, he slipped his hand under her chin to make her meet his eyes. Once she did so, he smirked, pulling her back in for one last, quick, kiss. "We'll continue this later." he stated more than asked, yet still waited for her to nod.

They were both back in their seats, looking as if they had been playing chess the entire time when Papa returned.