- 03

After a moment's pause he scoffed, "Oh please, I don't need to waste my time showing you."

She laughed and flicked her head, tossing her short hair out of her face. "Why, scared of the competition?"

"You wish." he shot back, turning to head towards the door again. But before he reached the handle he spun around again, throwing out his hand and his abilities to catch her off guard. She was ready though, and did the same, her eyes narrowing as she tested her abilities against his. They pushed their powers hard against each others', and he felt himself gaining control. With a last push he swung his hand to the right, making her outstretched arm yank to the side. His head was tilted down, and he glared up at her, wiping the blood from his nose with his free hand. He stalked closer, giving a little sarcastic grin for only a moment before lifting his arm out again.

She then leapt forward, grabbing his arm with one hand and throwing a quick left hook at him with the other. He stumbled back, his hand flying to his nose, bloody from his abilities and the punch. When she went to strike again, he was prepared and managed to mostly duck it. She struck, he dodged, he punched, she ducked, and then she tackled him to the ground. He went down with a grunt, and she rolled over, shoving him against the wall by his shoulder with one hand, her other hand palm up next to her. And then a whole flame sparked in her palm. His gaze flicked from the flame to her eyes, narrowed and intense.

Both of them were breathing heavily, and with a long, drawn in breath he leaned his head back against the wall before leaning his head forward to hang down, trying very hard not to notice her hand pinning his shoulder down.

"What's with all the fighting, we already established you don't really want to fight me" he asked with a grin between breaths.

She rolled her eyes and shoved him against the wall again from where he had leaned away from it. "You wish" she remarked, flipping her free hand over as the flame went out.

"Now, as much as I quite enjoy sitting here like this-" he motioned to how she had him pressed back "- I say we declare a truce. I believe you can be useful to me, and I can be useful to you."

"And how's that?"

"Easy, you can fight, I have stronger telekinesis, you have fire, and my special ability can come in handy when needed."
"Oh yeah? This mysterious ability can somehow help me when we've already been trapped here for years?" she commented, rolling her eyes. "I think it's more likely for Papa to walk in here right now and release us."

"Well, maybe if you agree to my deal I'll show you. So, we help each other in this hellhole and not fight again. Deal?" he offered, raising his free arm for a handshake.

She glared at it for a moment before taking his hand and shaking it, standing up and yanking him to his feet.

"So what now?"

He grinned.

—---------------------------------------------

After about an hour of sneaking around and exploring he snuck her back to her room, leaning on the door frame as she entered. She got into her room and just started moving some books off her bed.

"Not even going to say goodbye?" he called out after her, still leaning on the doorframe.

She looked up and turned around with a scoff, walking over. "Oh please, fine, thank you, 001," she poked him in the middle of his chest with her pointer, rolling her eyes before looking up at him "for this magnificent day, I'm so glad I met you, how could I ever live without you." she bullshitted, raising her voice higher for dramatic effect.

However, he still placed his hand gently over hers by his chest, and tilted her head up to look into his eyes with his other hand. "When can I see you again?" he asked, the intensity in his voice making her lose her sarcasm.

She drew in a sharp breath and her eyes flicked over his face. "..well, I have training with Papa tomorrow, so probably not until tomorrow evening."

"Fine then, tomorrow evening I'll come and find you, yes?" he asked, waiting for her to nod before dropping her hand and chin, turning around, and walking away, leaving her standing there staring after him.

------------------------------------

(001 needs to get w me fr fr)

-might redo this chapter when I have more time, wasn't too happy with it