3. Run away

Imagine running away from home and Eddie let's you stay with him.

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️ - Mentions of alcohol
abuse.

Arguments with your mom happened all the time, unfortunately this time was the last straw and she had enough. She wasn't one to mess with your stuff when she was mad but this time she had taken it upon herself to smash your record collection.

You had a bag packed immediately and stormed out of the house when she left to go to the store.

There was no way you were going to stay in that house after what she did, those records were given to you by your father who passed away a year ago. That collection was all you had left of him. He loved music and you both bonded over it. Even after he passed you continued to collect more to keep his old collection alive. That was all gone over one fight.

You weren't even paying attention at this point to how far you were walking, you were angry and sad. The first pay phone you came  across you immediately went to it. Calling Steve Harrington. Your best friend. Luckily he answered and you sighed in relief.

"Steve, hey. Can you pick me up?" You ask, trying to keep your voice from shaking. "Sure, y/n. Are you okay? You don't sound okay." He replied and breathed heavily. Holding back tears. "I'm not okay Steve, could you pick me up at the video store, I'm not far from it. I'll meet you there" you say as you hang up the phone and begin walking towards the video store.

You sat outside on the curb waiting for Steve to arrive, you figured after he picked you up. You would ask if he could take you to Eddie's trailer. In the time of you two dating, Eddie had witnessed how your mom got with you in arguments. He hated it and told you if anything ever happened to come to him and he would help you out. Even if that meant you staying with him to be away from your mom.

Steve soon pulled into a parking spot and quickly got out of his car to meet you. "Hey y/n, what happened?" Steve asked. You stood up and immediately started to cry. "I got into a fight with my mom, she doesn't know I'm gone. But we need to leave now." You start to panic if she were to end up running into you.

"Alright, fine lets go,Where to?" Steve looked nervous and you quickly got into the passenger side of his car. "Eddie's place, I'll feel safe there. I can't go back home Steve". Steve looks at you worriedly. "Alright, we'll head over there, I just need you to explain exactly what happened".

You relaxed as Steve had been driving for a bit. "About the fight with my mom, she was drunk the night before. But that didn't stop her from also drinking this morning. I had confronted her about it and she got mad. She stared yelling at me and throwing things. It didn't take her long before she went straight for my record collection and completely destroyed everything...they're all gone Steve, all of my dad's records" you tried to hold back tears as you explained to Steve what happened.

He looked over at you for a moment, his eyes soften at you crying. "Hey y/n, I'm sorry. I know how much those meant to you. It's gonna be alright" he reassured you. Although in this moment I didn't feel like things would ever be okay again. Something had to give. You couldn't keep living like this. Your mom always drunk and unpredictable. You were starting to get scared for your own safety. How many more arguments would it take before she ended up hurting you?. You weren't planning on figuring that out.

"We're here y/n" Steve says pulling you out of your thoughts. You get out of the car and Steve gets out and ends up by your side. He goes to the the door of Eddie's trailer with you as well. You knock on the door and you here a familiar voice.

"Coming!" You hear from the other side of the door. It the swings open, revealing Eddie. He smiles seeing you until he notices your puffy red eyes, his smile fades and he gives Steve a look. "What the hell did you do Harrington?!" You look back at Steve who now has his arms up in defense. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!!. She told me to bring her here. She got into a fight with her mom" Steve replies.