Chapter 2

Emily

I wake up the next day to the sun shining on my face. Another day, another dollar, as they say. Reluctantly, I get out of bed to start my day. After a quick shower and change of my clothes, I head downstairs. I didn't want to get out of bed, but it was evident that I had to. I didn't feel like eating either, so I decided to head out.

I ensured the door was locked before I left and took my purse and phone with me. Packs were in the woods, far away from human eyes and boundaries. Typically, it was in the clearing of the woods but deeper and behind a sign that said private property. That's right, all those secret property signs with the gates are werewolf territory.  They may be mean on the outside, but they're sweethearts on the inside.

Well, most of them.

My mind drifts back to what happened with Zeke, how he rejected me like that. I should be grateful that he, at least, did it in private. It would've been much worse if it was in public. Of course, I spoke too soon.

Walking around the pack lands, I notice glares and dirty looks everywhere.  I couldn't hear what they were saying. Werewolves are like dogs with their alien hearing. I cast a spell in my mind, always making me listen to the gossip. I regretted it the moment I heard them.

"Hey, it's her," a whisper spoke.

"Yeah, she rejected Zeke, the poor guy."

"I heard she rejected him because she thought he was weak."

"I heard it was because she's been sleeping around."

"Zeke said he was excited to accept her, but she turned him down."

"What a bitch!"

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe it. Those were lies. They were all lies!

Zeke rejected me because I was a witch. He even called me a Hexer! I guess it was a good thing that he refused me. I finally saw his true colors. Better late than never.  Speaking of, I think it's about time I move forward. I'll talk to them about everything when Mom and Ian get home. Of course, I may need to cast a barrier spell to stop Ian from leaving or have Mom wear something that distracts Ian.

Despite all the stupidity that I keep hearing, I still enjoy a nice walk. I need to get out of here and to do that. I need to talk to my parents.  And they needed to know the whole story.

So, that's what I did.

When they got home, I told them everything. We sat down in the living room. Mom was holding me on the couch while Ian started pacing the room. Naturally, they were angry and heartbroken. I had to stop Ian from killing Zeke, or 'that stupid pup,' as he called him.

As I was wrapped in my mother's arms, I didn't cry but felt like I wanted to. I guess all my tears ran out. They ran dry. When she stopped hugging me, she bombarded me with questions.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"Why did you hide it from us?"

"Are you ok?"

Are you ok? The same question I had been asking myself over and over again.  I didn't know if I was ok or not. All I know is that I was hurt because of who I was. I still feel a little pain, but I ignored it.