Kendall's Pov (49)

Start from the beginning

I go to the bathroom to avoid disturbing King. When the call connects I tell mum everything about the letter and she promises she'll be home soon, and that she'll file a missing person report. I wipe my tears and wash my face once I end the call.

Landon walks in on me in the bathroom. "Hey" he says, startling me.

"Landon," I whisper. "What are you doing here?" I ask in surprise.

"Mikey called me a while ago, but I wanted to be here for you at this point. Has he been found?" He asks in concern.

I shake my head feeling emotional all of a sudden.

"He wrote us a letter. Lan, he said we don't care about dad so he's gone to find him. He thinks dad's missing. I'm scared" I let out my breath and sobs.

His sturdy hands wrap around me in comfort, easing my back. I cry deeper into his chest. It feels good to do that.

When I'm done, he lets me go and wipes my face with his hankie. "It's alright K, you're gonna be fine. We're gonna find him soon, I promise."

"Yeah, I just feel so bad for not being there for him when he needed me most. I mean, he was just four when dad left. He grew up without one so I understand his need to find the only male figure he's only heard of"

"You had your demons to fight as well K. True, you could've been there for him but will that make him less lonely? Or not go after his father? That's if he lets you in" Landon explains while still rubbing my shoulders, I reckon he loves doing that.

"Even at that, I should've done something. Been nicer to him maybe he would've opened up to me"

"Don't beat yourself up K. There was nothing Lilian didn't do to help my childhood tantrums but it got worse because I only needed to feel that way till I'm done?" he says, it's been a while he spoke about his elder sister.
I've missed her.

The slow subtle shoulder rub becomes heavier and more widespread in areas like my collar and soon one of his hands is clamping around my neck.

Our breathing suddenly becomes heavier, My breath on his chest while his on my forehead.
I'd die for him to kiss me like he did before or even better but the knowledge of my boyfriend being doors away puts my conscience to the test.

I sigh in frustration moving back from him for fresh air. They say the first time is a mistake but a second is deliberate and I don't want that.

I'm not a bad person nor a cheat. I don't wanna be a hypocrite like Eric Hat, like his girlfriend Jess. King-Cairo deserves more than that.

"Why K?" He asks, his eyes shown in confusion.

"Why what?" I retorted.

"You know we both feel something but you're fighting it"

I look at him in awe. "Don't you understand why? It's not right Landon, we're both in a relationship, it's cheating"

"It's not cheating, it's telling ourselves the truth about what we want. I know it may seem awkward between us because we've never been intimate with each other. I don't even know why I'm suddenly drawn to you K" he rants.
"But I know I like it, I love how you make me feel, I've never felt this way in a long while K" he grabs my palms for emphasis.

I want to cry out in joy and confess all my feelings to him, to tell him I've felt this way long before he did and that I'd want nothing more than for us to be together, but... It's all wrong, it's wrong timing and I have to consider King and Jess for that matter.

I know their relationship hasn't been the best after their huge break but I don't wanna be that friend who goes and steals her best friend's boyfriend. Ex best friend!

I shake my head in disapproval, snatching my hands from him. "This is wrong Lan, no matter the reason it's still wrong. We should at least be sincere with our partners and not hide off in secret, King-Cairo is such a sweet guy to do that to him" I say.

Landon huffs out a breath, gritting his teeth from the way his jaw stood out. "The kiss meant nothing to you then?" He presses on.

"Don't do this!" I warn.

"No tell me K, it did or it didn't? Cos I know we were gonna rip each other's clothes off if that call didn't come in!!"

I pause in shock, how despicable can he get?!!

The door swings open and a drowsy-looking King walks in, his eyes red, maybe from sleeping for too long or he heard us.

"Did I just hear correctly? Or I'm still dreaming, Kenny?" He says slowly.

My heart drops to my belly and all I can do is grunt like an animal.

"It's not like that King, we... We were just_" he interrupts me abruptly.

"You were just about to get down on it again in the bathroom when you realized I'm in the other room?!..." He yells glaring at us.

Landon is suddenly quiet leaving me to do all the talking.

"No King, that's not true!!!" I cry. "That's not what happened, the first time was a mistake, a mistake" I repeat, stomping my feet for emphasis.

"I'm sorry man, we weren't thinking straight then" Landon finally breaks the ice. But King pounces on him with raps of heavy blows. It almost seemed like revenge for the previous time.

I cry in horror as they struggle, but King had the upper hand. He pins Landon to the wall and jabs heavily at his belly.

"Mikey!!!! Mike!!" I wail at the top of the stairs for my brother. The entrance door opens and mum walks in dejected. She hears my calling and rushes upstairs.

"What is it, Kendal?"

"The bathroom... They're fighting each other in the bathroom!!" I stammer. Mum rushes inside and I see Mikey making his way up.

When I return, the boys are still at each other's throats.

"Heavens!!" Mum shouts.

Mikey rushes in between them, pulling them apart. They're both bruised up but Landon is unable to stand firm.

"Get your filthy hands off of me!!!" King booms, swinging at Mikey who sets him free and he walks out on us.

I want to follow him but mum gives me a warning glare.

We help Landon up and take him to my room.

><{{{(•>

In the living room.

I'm being reprimanded for causing such a ruckus at this point in our lives. At this point when my brother's missing. When she was done shouting at me, she sat down on our worn-out couch and cried.

She was unable to file a missing person report. She has to wait for twenty-four hours before the police can do something.

"I'm sorry mum, I'm so sorry" I whisper in tears.

><{{{(•>

Phew 😮‍💨 what a rollercoaster of emotions?
What do you guys think of Landon?

What do you think of King-Cairo's reaction as well?

Don't forget to vote if you love this chapter.