Wench

The next day, I asked for Lord Tywin, and he arrived in my office shortly after.

"You asked to see me, Your Grace." Unlike most men, he said it as a statement rather than a question.

"Indeed, Lord Tywin. Please, have a seat."

After we both sat down and I had poured some wine for us both, I spoke, getting straight to the point, as Lord Tywin preferred.

"I would like to integrate Dorne with the Crown more." I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "That won't be easy, they aren't especially fond of Baratheons nor Lannisters."

"I'm aware, but I believe that there is a way for them to at least be partly sated."

"And what is that Your Grace?"

"All they've ever wanted is justice for the murder of Elia Martell and her children."

"Absolutely not." He said.

"Lord Tywin, there is no reason not to give them to them." I insisted.

"There is plenty reason, Your Grace. It was war, I did what was necessary to ensure peace within the Seven Kingdoms, to hand over Ser Gregor and Ser Armory would be to question the decision, it would bring the Lannister name into disrepute."

"More than it already is?" I asked.

He glared.

"And the decision should be questioned. The death of Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaenys was unnecessarily cruel, as was the death of Elia. Especially Elia."

He stared at me. "Tell me, Your Grace, what your father would have done had he found the children."

I shook my head. "What my father would have done is irrelevant."

He laughed a sharp laugh. "Your father would have done what I did, he would have ordered them killed. He hated Targaryens. They were a threat to his rule, any Targaryen that survived could be rallied around as an alternative to him. He wanted them all dead. I simply saved him the trouble of having to order it."

"They were innocent children." I protested.

"You preach morals to me Your Grace, yet you told your father to wipe out the Greyjoys, what about the Greyjoy children; Theon and Yara I believe they were called. What about them?"

"Th- They were different." I cursed myself for stuttering.

"No, they weren't." He said flatly. "They were children, just like Elia's children. But it was necessary to kill them, just like it was necessary to kill the Targaryen heirs. Whether you want to admit it or not, you know it was needed."

I had no reply to that. I had told Robert to kill all the Greyjoys, I was happy when the letter came back declaring they were all dead. Yet the death of the Targaryen children made me decry its immorality.

"You are right, grandfather, it probably was necessary. But it doesn't change my mind on the matter at hand. Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch will be given to the Martells. It is for the betterment of the realm. Everyone knows you ordered their deaths anyway, whatever the history books say. You will bring them to King's Landing, they will be arrested, and I will take them to Dorne myself."

He stared at me, and I could see that he was seething inside. "Yes, Your Grace." He said finally.

I nodded. "Good, you may leave."

He stood and bowed his head stiffly, before walking out the door.

I sighed, why is nothing ever simple?