Chapter 25

Not Edited.

Paul stood at the door of his office watching members of the pack as they made their way outside to wait for Janella. He'd sent out an order that she was to be welcomed home as a future Alpha deserved to be. He hoped he was right.

Over the past four years he'd questioned his choice regarding the alpha position. His main regret was the underlying disappointment he had in his son Cameron. He'd raised him to take over from him when he was ready to step down but even to this day he knew Cam wouldn't be a great alpha.

His loyalties divided between two women were confusing. Understandable but confusing. The choice he made to mate with Lily had originally sent Paul a glimmer of hope that his son might finally be growing up to be the man that he should be.

He was wrong.

Cameron was still a little boy in so many ways he couldn't help but ask the question he'd asked so many times before.... where did he go wrong?

His granddaughters were innocent bystanders in this situation and Cameron was in danger of losing them forever if he didn't wake up to himself.

As of two hours earlier Lily was now staying in a small cottage on pack land away from the main house. A compromise for what she really wanted to do. She wanted to leave. Not to go far but not be near either.

Who could blame her?

No one who knew the background of their mating would ever doubt the sincere devotion she had to the bond that had formed. Cameron had made promises of loyalty, companionship and in many ways... he promised love.

He was failing all three.

"Sir?" his Beta spoke to him "Cameron's outside."

Paul nodded with a sigh.

"Thank you. Keep an eye on him."

"Will do Alpha."

Paul watched as the man walked away and rising to his full Alpha height he followed outside.

He glanced around, pleased that his pack were waiting in solemn silence as the hum of engines in the distance came closer to them. He didn't see Cameron amoung them but followed the nod his Beta gave him to the corner of the pack house.

A grave look on his son's face was surprising to him. It was almost as if he'd resigned himself to something. Possibly losing Lily? Seeing Janella?

Whatever the reason Cameron was as silent as those around him.

"Kneel" his mind link to those who had tortured Janella "Submit to your future Alpha."

Quiet sobs were covered by the whispers of others as words buzzed around them all.

"Alpha will the Luna be here?" An elderly pack member asked.

"No. She's with our grandchildren."

Pity for the Alpha's family was obvious in those who heard the exchange.

The hum grew closer until the distinct revs of car engines were heard above the noises that surrounded them.

He made his way down the steps to stand in wait. His eyes drawn to see Cameron standing tall and rigid as his face became stone.

In the distance he could see two people. Each carrying a child. Clarice and Lily. While he was surprised he knew that he wasn't. Lily was an amazing young woman and for all the heartache his son had put her through, she was first and foremost a wolf who followed orders as they were commanded.

The cars stopped in front of the pack house and within moments pack members were kneeling.

Cameron's demanding behaviour towards Janella and Ethan had unleashed a possibility he had never considered. The violet eyes that filled with fury as he tried to diffuse the situation showed a future that would not be what was expected of them all.

Alesander Geurrier. Warrior Patrician. Defender of the first God. Thousands of years old and created for one woman. A Goddess with abilities unknown to those whob walked the earth.

Janella Freemoon-Holden. Nellie. The Goddess destined to lead, to advise and rank above all other Gods with her Warrior Patrician by her side.

In that moment Paul felt humbled and disappointed in how he'd allowed such pain and suffering continue for as long as it had. Through his own self importance he'd led his pack through years with an ignoramt understanding of their every day life.

Now, now he hoped he would be forgiven by the Gods but in particular he was hoping for the forgiveness from the one who would be called Janella... Guardian of Fate and Destiny.