Chapter 13

Not edited. Heya... I know it's not mega long but I hope you can understand why, thanks for reading/voting/commenting and following! MMB xxx

Ethan sat in the darkest part of the garden. He hated the city with a vengence. If only city dwellers knew how many stars there really was in the night sky. As he looked up at the pitiful offering tears flowed down his face at everything he lost. Everything he thought he knew was a lie and he had no idea how to cope with that.

How could a mother just walk away from her child like that? Why did she agree with it? Didn't she want to walk her daughter into school on her first day? What about when she graduated? What about everything in life that needed a mothers touch... didn't she want to be a part of that?

What about him? How could she proclaim to love someone knowing she was going to leave them? Why didn't they leave things as they should have been?

She let him mark her! He marked her as his when she really wasn't. She was never his. She allowed herself to be used like a... like a... he couldn't say the word let alone think it. How could she do it? How could she hurt him... them... like that?

Did she see the pain he went through after her death? Did she see the tears he cried for her? Did she enjoy knowing he threw away his career because he felt like a failure? 

And why... why... if she could go to Hannah... then why didn't she come to him? Was there some sort of perverted pleasure in his pain and suffering?

Oh hell! What about Janella? She went through her teen life in pain and suffering... why did they allow that to happen? Why did they allow his mate... his true mate... to become the mate of another wolf? Because they supposedly loved one another? Pfft! Right... as if Cameron had any idea what real love was actually about! The wolf bond between himself and Janella would have cancelled out any love she would have had for Cameron.

They wasted years.  The only saving grace in this whole mess is that he now has Hannah and Janella felt the love of a real man named Sam. It was that love that bore them Alex. He himself would always be grateful to Sam for showing his girl the finer points of love.

He needed to talk with her. He needed to assure her that they were ok. They'd sort through this together. Together they could conquer anything but still, there was one question that he couldn't answer... Where did they go from here?