Chapter 19

Not edited.

For three days Brian and Irene avoided looking at them. Each time they visited it was obvious they were still in shock. They'd been shown that mythical creatures did exist and it left then wondering what other surprises there was in the world.

At first when Ethan stood in the back yard near the trees where the light was dimmest Brian scoffed in saying that he was about to do some weird magic trick. In his mind there was no way a person could change their entire body to be another. It went against everything he knew. Irene had been nervous but still unbelieving as Nellie explained that to become a wolf Ethan would be removing most of his clothing. For propriety's sake they'd already decided that he would strip down completely but would wear a pair of shorts as he changed form in front of them.

Nellie had smiled as he removed his shirt. He really did look amazing and when he caught her looking he winked with a grin. She'd felt so embarrassed!

The first reaction from Brian and Irene was shock. Neither knew what to do when it became clearly obvious that Ethan's body was changing. Soon, Sander had stood before them. Proud, tall and radiating power.

Hannah had squealed and gone to run towards him when Brian had grabbed her and pulled her back. The low growl from Sander was a warning that Nellie had to explain quickly. She was his daughter and stopping her from going to him was seen as a threat. Brian very reluctantly let her go. Irene grabbed his hand quickly and gasped to see Hannah running to Sander as if it were an every day occurrence.

They'd watched as Sander playfully jostled Hannah around and finally lay on the ground so she could climb all over him.

Sander had looked at Nellie and whimpered. She'd walked to him and sat down with Alex who in turn grabbed Sanders muzzle and tried to put his mouth around it. Alex had pulled himself up over the top of Sander and with Hannah they both giggled.

On occasion Sander rolled his eyes at their antics and flicked his ears a few times when Alex decided they looked good enough to grab on to.

Brian and Irene were both struck silent during this time while Stacy on the other hand was enthralled at what she was seeing. The word 'cool' kept coming from her and the smile never left her face.

Seeing the tenderness that a supposed aggressive mythical creature could display was somewhat surprising. Sander's size was larger that the average wolf and if he was to stand beside Brian he would still stand taller than the man.

Now they waited for Brian and Irene to be ready to speak with them about it. Stacy kept raving about how fantastic it was and if the choice was just hers then they'd be packed and ready to go.

Nellie stood sipping her coffee at the back door. She was watching Ethan as he dug into the garden when she heard a quiet 'ahem' behind her.

Brian, Irene and Stacy were there. Her heart quickly started to race and her eyes widened. It was as clear as anything that a decision had been made.

Ethan stopped digging and looked towards the house.

Nellie.

Walking through the door he sighed in relief as he saw Nellie wrapped up in Irene's arms. Brian stood beside them with a smile and Stacy's grin was contagious.

"We're going with you."

Ethan took the necessary steps towards Brian and held his hand out.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for making my girl happy."

Stacy started to get impatient.

"When do we leave? How long have I got to pack? Are we staying forever? What's..."

They all started to laugh and Stacy scowled with her arms crossed and a definite 'humph' coming from her.

"So? When?" she demanded.

"On Friday." Ethan answered.

"Four days?" Stacy gasped.

Nellie nodded.

"It seems someone wants me back there sooner rather than later."

"Wow" Stacy started to shake her head and then slapped her hands down on the arms of her chair "Dad, take me home. I have to pack!"