𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Knocking on Vincent's front door not too long after the door is opened by Arlo, his husband

"Good morning!"he smiles at us and immediately hugs Amani before him and I do a bro hug.

"You here to take Silas for the day?" He asks and we nod our heads mumbling yes.

"Sure, come in please." He says and steps aside for us to come in.

"Thanks." I say putting my hand on Amani's back gently nudging her to go in first.

She does and I go after her taking in the new renovations they had completed a few weeks ago.

"Place looks good." I compliment.

"Thank you. Vincent did most of it though since I was so busy with work." Arlo scratches the back of his neck, face filled with guilt.

"Babe, whose here?" We hear Vincent call out from somewhere else in the house.

"Alessio and Amani!" He shouts back.

"Okay, I'll bring Silas down now."

. . .

"How you feeling today?" I ask Amani and she looks up at me as Silas sits on her lap playing with her necklace.

"Better. I'm just glad I don't have a hangover at all, not that I was drunk just a little tipsy." She smiles up at me.

God she's gorgeous.

I realise I'm staring and clear my throat as I look away.

"Hi, are you guys ready to order?" A waiter stops at out table with a mini notepad and a pen in his hand. Looking to his name tag it reads Daniel.

"Hi Daniel, yes please." Amani smiles at him and I watch at he checks her out before smirking, completely ignoring me and literally Silas on her lap.

My jaw clenches in annoyance at the fact that he openly checks her out instead of taking down our orders.

"Anyday now would be nice." I snap at him making Amani look to me and snicker.

"Please may I have the chocolate croissant and some tea and he'll have the same but with a side of crispy bacon and scrambled eggs." She orders for us and I smile at the gesture.

He takes down our orders before quickly walking away to give in our orders.

"What was that about?" She asks once he's gone.

"What?" I ask even when I know what she's talking about.

"The whole snapping at him and pissed off face." She says at she concentrates on a gigling Silas as she tickles him.

"Nothing." I grumble not wanting to admit the truth that I was jealous.

"Hm." She hums with a smirk on her face.