T w o

They stood side by side in the grand hall of the pack house they once would rule together. Elizas heart ached at the thought of everything, how her whole life got turned upside down just because she didn't produce a pup quick enough, but she knew it was coming, the longer it took the more distant he grew, the colder he was towards her and her needs.

"I, Alpha Ivan James of the crescent moon pack, reject my mate, Luna Elizabeth James for not full-filling her duties to her Alpha nor her pack" Those words hurt, she done everything for everyone in this pack, whatever was asked of her and more, she never let being human get in the way of anything.

The Council all stood with pity in their eyes as she became centre of the attention, everyone waited for her to speak up but respected she would need a minute.

"I, Elizabeth James, accept the rejection" The pain soared through her heart and head as they both went against everything the Moon Goddess stood for, you should never leave your mate, especially when fully mated.
She clutched her chest gasping for air as Jerome caught her leading her out of the room, it wasn't like her to stand there and accept this so easily, yes she was small and quiet but she was still feisty and wouldn't put up with this from anyone. There must of been a really good reason, is all anyone thought.

Once she regained her control she pushed Jerome off her and headed for the bedroom to collect her bag. She had to return the grand hall before leaving to collect her copies of the papers when she overheard the next ceremony, it only broke her heart even more.

"I, Amanda Crowley, accept being mate to Alpha Ivan James" She walked back into the hall ignoring the two people who broke her heart the most right now and collected her divorce papers without a single look towards the newly mated couple.

"How long will the mark take to go?" She asked quietly trying not to disturb anyone, The head councillor looked at her with so much pity she despised him for it.

"Just over a week, but if the Alpha removes the mark it will take a day or so" She knew he would never be so merciful so she nodded her head before putting her papers in her bag. Wolves ceremonies and divorce was so much different to humans, it could all be changed with a snap of their fingers.

"Eliza, wait-" She turned to look at her Alpha before bowing her head down, as they were no longer equals. "The quicker your mark goes the quicker I can mark my Mate" He said, emphasising the word 'Mate'. She brought her hand up to her neck before he pulled it away, before she had a chance to say something he bit down on her mark and began to suck it away, she couldn't help it, her small hands gripped his t-shirt and a whimper left her lips just like when he first marked her, this caused a small ball of guilt to build inside of him.

'Somethings wrong' His wolf Midnight spoke up to him as they pulled away.

"You taste different" He stated by accident, he watched as her eyes grew before she grabbed her bag and sped walked out the room.

'What could be so different?' he thought to himself as she completely disappeared from sight.

"Eliza, please let me take you somewhere safe" Jerome called out as he chased her down the hall.

"Thank you Jerome, thank you for everything but no, this is it for me now, I don't want any connection to this pack any longer than I have too" She reached into her pocket pulling out the pain killers she lived on for over a month. "Give them to Amanda for me, she'll need them soon enough" She said without realising Amanda and the Alpha were indeed listening. "I just hope for her sake she can bare him a pup, as he said to me, that's all we're made to do". Amanda looked at the Alpha was a disgusted look before walking away from him leaving him alone in the hallway.

Eliza left the pack house and didn't turn back, she got a taxi at the bottom of the large gated drive way in hopes no one would follow her and discover her location. Her first two things she needed to get done was find a place to stay and find a good midwife, just because the babies father is an arsehole, doesn't mean she wasn't going to love them like her life depended on it, Ivan would never find out anyway, she would make sure of that.

She soon came to a lovely old wooden cabin that luckily she had learnt was on no mans land, no pack owned the land but she knew she was at risk of a rouge attack but she would face that challenge when it came to it. The cabin belonged to her father before he passed and her mother didn't want it so she passed it down to Eliza and her brother Jacob. Her mother didn't want anything for that matter, her late husbands memory and their family home was enough for her.

It wasn't up to scratch but it wouldn't take long, all she needed was a set of muscles and some money behind her, so thinking quickly she pulled her phone out.

"Hey Jacob" She hummed as she walked through the rooms remembering all their summer holidays here as children.
"Hey sis what's up?" She chuckled lightly at his words not having the energy to explain everything over the phone, she needed him here as soon as possible to get this sorted.
"Can you meet me at dads cabin?" He asked a few questions about why she was there alone and what the rush was but soon agreed.

"I'm sorry Eliza" He whispered into her hair as he held her tightly.
"He can't find out about the baby" She sobbed as she held on just as tight.
"Never, I can promise you I'll do everything I can to help".

———————————————-

1044 words

Don't forget to vote & comment!

Thank you for reading x