[7] dreaming

April 13th, 1986. 4:19 a.m. Robin Buckley's house.

Robin woke up in a cold sweat. "What the fuck did I just do?" She thought to herself. "No way in hell did I just kiss Nancy fucking Wheeler. There was no way that was real, right?"

Is this real or was this fate?

The last thing Buckley remembered was falling into her bed and passing out about ten minutes after Steve dropped her off. That seemed so real to her, Nancy's soft skin on hers, stealing her clothes; it was so real. She was so confused about how realistic it was, she wouldn't be surprised if this was Nancy's bed. Unfortunately, it was not; Robin was alone in her twin-sized bed.

Now that the idea of Nancy was in her head, how was she supposed to look at her the same? All this was just for a girl she didn't like. Robin couldn't start her day now. It was four in the morning on a Sunday, and there was nothing for her to do besides laying in bed and think about what she had just encountered.

Maybe Steve and her could go around with one of the kids for the day. Anything to keep her mind off Nancy damn Wheeler.

After she closed her thoughts, she finally took into consideration that it was four a.m. She probably should go back to sleep. Maybe she'd end up in her daydreams again.

And so, she went back to sleep.

April 13th,1986. 7:31 a.m. Robin Buckley's house.

This time, Robin had woken up. No weird dreams, none of that. It made her question if it was really a dream after all. It's not like she'd mind kissing Nancy, it just didn't make sense to her.

Her goal today was to ride her bike over to Harrington's house and see if he'd like to cause any chaos with her. She was hoping she wouldn't walk in on any one-night stand.

By ten a.m. she was at Harrington's. Robin busts through the door, no knocking, nothing. She already knew where they hid their key, under the plant pot on the left.

"STEVE? HARRINGTON? DINGUS!?" Robin yelled, "WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Damn it, Robin, how do you keep getting into my house??" He said in an incredibly annoyed tone in the living room.

"You act like it's rocket science, dingus." Robin stared at Steve with an expressionless look.

"Hey! It's not my fault; you're some half-assed genius from outer space!" Steve spoke defensively.

While Robin was waiting for him to ask her about her "new girl", she didn't know if she'd let her dream slip. She still didn't even know if it was a dream or not. What was really on her mind was if Nancy was as good a kisser as she was in her dream. If she really wanted to, she could ask Steve. She was sure Steve remembered all about their relationship. It seemed as if Steve somehow knew how good every girl was at kissing in Hawkins; he didn't even have to kiss them to know. The dingus didn't know much, but he sure knew that. Maybe it took up all his brain; that's why he was so dense.

She then plopped next to him on the couch. "Oh yeah, sorry for coming over so unexpectedly. It wasn't completely intentional, believe it or not."

"Not completely intentional, whatever you say, Robin, whatever you say."
"Well, maybe there was a reason, but we aren't getting into something like that right now... basically the full summary is: there are a lot of things on my mind currently, and you're one of my only friends." Robin embarrassedly muttered.

"Me? Your only friend? What happened to Wheeler? Did she flake on you too?" Steve jokingly questioned,

"Damn it, Steve! How do you see right through me like that?! Am I really that predictable? "

"Robin, you've rotated between two topics in the last week. This always happens; you find a new thing to talk about and you don't stop talking about it until the cycle repeats. "

There was no way Robin was THAT predictable. "I guess I really am that predictable... if I'm truly so predictable, what's been on my mind then?"

"Your new girlfriend, Nancy Wheeler." Steve tried to hold back his laughter.

"Steve! She is not my girlfriend; I am not with a straight girl. I did have dreams about kissing her, but that does not mean anything!" Wait, she wasn't supposed to say that part.

"Kissing her?! And you told me you didn't like her. You really are blind. "

"Is she a good kisser, though? I'm sure you've kissed her more than enough times to know" Robin jokingly said.

Steve thought for a second, "She's about the top five or so"

"Out of...?"

"Lost count awhile ago, I thought we knew this??"

"Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot." Robin apologized

April 13th, 1986. 9:43 a.m. Nancy Wheeler's house.

Nancy had just woken up. It was late for her, but it was Sunday, not like she had any plans.

She had this weird dream last night. She couldn't remember it completely, but Robin was in it. Something about Robin coming over and being a total dork, as she always is.

The girl lived rent-free in her mind, and she hated it. She wanted boys off her mind and now there are, for some reason, girls on her mind. She was incredibly convinced something was wrong with her, either mentally, physically, or both. She probably wouldn't be feeling this if she hadn't skipped church all those times with her parents. They would have "fixed" her.

Nancy thought about calling Robin sometime today, but she didn't want to bother her. Maybe she would burden her. Either way, she didn't think it'd be a great idea. She'd see her at school tomorrow, not like that was far away now. For now, Nancy would sit and ponder her feelings, possibly understanding what they are and why she's just now feeling them. It could be anything making her feel this way, even the water she's drinking. She wanted to be normal or at least something of the sort.