3 | The Loneliness in Your Touch

Y/N: "If you could have everything in the world, would you take it?"

Akali looked at me strangely, then leaned her head back against the brick wall, holding one of her arms.

Akali: "Well, what do you define by everything?"

Y/N: "Money," I immediately answered. "Fame, luxury."

She looked up, her features in pensive contortion, a far cry from her playful demeanor I usually saw her with.

 Akali: "I wouldn't. If that's my everything, then it's nothing."

I raised a brow, turning my head to face her.

Akali: "What's the use of all the money in the world if I have no one to spend it with? I've seen it first hand. When you have something everyone wants, they stop looking at you. They only see what you have. It's at that point where it all stops," she said, shaking her head. "Friends become fakes. Everyone you meet is a suck up. You stop being...you."

I rested my chin on my palm, reflecting on her words. It was most certainly true. Everyone wants to be friends with the CEO of UAM Entertainment, but no one wanted (Y/N) (L/N). I've accepted that. But have I stopped being me? What...did that mean?

Akali drew her legs to her chest, scratching her cheek awkwardly.

Akali: "Sorry, that was kinda heavy wasn't it? In any case, money's important and stuff, but if I have it all, then it's a bit too easy. There's beauty in the struggle."

Y/N: "If I turned out to be the richest man in the world, how would you see me then?"

Akali: "What kind of pick up line is this?" she laughed. "It wouldn't matter to me. Rich or poor, you're you. I don't care about statuses or titles, popularity or wealth." She gave a resigned smile and laugh. "I've had enough of that already."

The way she bit her lip indicated that she wanted to say something, but held back. I didn't pry.

Akali: "Why do you ask?"

I leaned on my arm pushing against the ground, not meeting her eyes.

Y/N: "No reason."

She nodded sagely, and we sat in silence in the alley way, away from the bright streetlamps and moonlight, with nothing but the words unspoken between us.

.

.

.

I looked at myself in the mirror, adjusting my cuffs. A slick suit, made with the finest materials, hugged my muscular form, showcasing a perfectly sculpted triangular build. I've heard plenty of compliments about my body, but what was the point if that was all they saw? They lauded my chest muscles, but what about the heart beneath it? Did they care at all?

I sighed, slapping myself softly on the cheek.

Snap out of it. Don't let the public see this side of you.

Replacing my ruminative frown, the corners of my lips twisted upwards in a charming smile. The light returned to my sparkling (E/C) eyes, and I straightened my back in a confident posture.

Good.

A door bell caught my attention.

Y/N: "Coming!"

I exited the room with a slow, relaxed pace, making my way to the large front doors. Twisting the handle, I swung one open. An aged man with a neatly groomed silver mustache, met my eyes and bowed.

Man: "Good evening Mr. (L/N). Are you prepared for the party?"

I stepped out, closing the door behind me.