Lapping Tides

TW!!!: I made a few changes in the previous chapter after publishing, you can check it out. This chapter may have some triggering content. Proceed at your own risk.

 Proceed at your own risk

(FLASHBACK)

"They are shipping prostitutes to somewhere," you told Mitsuya and Naoto, "is there anything we can do?"

"Nothing," Naoto said glumly, "if we could that would make it impossible to find the killer of Hanma Shuji."

"Can't you locate the ship and tell Manila Police to catch them en route?" Mitsuya told Naoto.

"Thant can be done," he hummed, "but that would raise suspicions on Y/N."

"Cover it up as a regular check as soon as they land on the location," You said.

Naoto hummed and ran a call...

"It will be done Y/N, just keep up the act for a few more days, we are very close."

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

Saying that you were scared was an understatement. You were shaking. The whole ride with Takeomi to the location had been so uncomfortable.

The car had tinted glass and it was late evening, but you could see that you were being driven close to a port. 

Your gaze consequently moved from the scenery to the iPad and to Takeomi. You could only wonder how people can change so easily.

"Something bothering you?" he asked while taking another puff of a cigarette, you should have been used the smoke after living with Shuji for so many years, Shuji never smoked in front of you as he was concerned for your health,

"No, sir," you whispered, "just...a little nervous."

"Cute," he laughed and you forced down the gag of disgust.

The ca came to stop at the port. You quickly got off the car and opened the door for Takeomi to get down. The salty sea breeze made you shiver in delight and anticipation.

Closing the door behind you, looking at the sea, a mixture of churning and vicious lapping tides that sing their melodious song watching to grab you by your feet and yank you under.

Takeomi walked ahead as you walked behind, leading to one of the containers inside a ship that was read to set sail.

"Turn on the lights," Takemi said and a man moved to switch on the lights that flickered on slowly. It took your eyes a while to adjust to the lighting, but as soon as they did, you wished you had never seen it.

There were at least thirty men and women, stripped to their underwear, hands and legs tied up. Some of them were beaten, bruised, and bleeding. Tears welled in your eyes and you pressed your nails in your palms to control yourself from lashing at Takeomi.