I reached for the hem of her shirt and pulled it up over her head. She took the hint easily enough and I found myself sans pyjamas in a matter of seconds. She was backing me up, toward my room. I was letting her, reaching down to unbuckle her jeans as we went. We broke away only briefly when we reached the threshold of my bedroom. Lisa looked into my eyes, breathing hard against my cheek. "I need you, Jennie," she whispered. "I always have."

She placed her forehead against my own and we stood there for a moment, basking in our own vulnerability, before my lips met hers again and the moment was forgotten as she lifted me off my feet and lowered me gently down onto my bed. She kissed me hungrily, lips trailing from my neck down to my thighs, hands roving every inch of my skin, and my heart ached at how badly I had missed her. Afraid I would be overcome with emotion if I allowed her to continue in this way, I reached up and grabbed her waist, pushing her aside and flipping so that I was straddling her and she was the one laying sprawled upon my sheets.

She smirked up at me and that was all the challenge I needed. I let my fingers explore her body, let my lips taste her, rocked my hips until we both screamed in ecstasy and fell back against the pillows fighting to catch our breath. "Is that what makeup sex is?" Lisa asked me after a minute, breathless. I turned over and smiled. "Because if so, we should fight a lot more."

I laughed, arms shaking as I gazed up at the ceiling and then, for the second time, Lisa Manoban turned onto her side and wrapped an arm around me, settling in for the night. And I fell asleep feeling lighter than the air around me.

In the morning, Lisa hopped into the shower after several attempts at convincing me to join her. I remained in the kitchen, however, making us a quick breakfast of bacon and eggs, mindful that the star quarterback needed her protein but that I didn't need the fat. I'd just plated both servings when there was a knock at the door.

Licking the bacon grease from my fingers, I opened it. Before I could say a word, Mino and Hoony were strolling into my apartment in their signature unwelcome style. "Tell this dude that the Lion King is the greatest Disney soundtrack ever," Mino was snapping as they passed.

"Please!" Hoony exploded. "Have you heard the Little Mermaid?"

"The Little- I will not have this blasphemy. Did you see the way that monkey lifted the cub up at the beginning? When all those animals came to pay their respects. It was-"

"The cub? It's Simba, Mino. You don't even know the cub's name."

"I know the cub's name!"

"Guys," I interrupted and they turned to me. "I'm trying to get ready for work."

"Right," Hoony said with a frown. "We can settle this tonight then. We're still coming over for movie night, right?"

"What's that?" Mino interrupted and I looked up to see him staring at the two plates of breakfast on the counter.

"What?" I asked.

"Two plates," he said, looking back up at me, "who-"

"Hey Jennie," a familiar voice called from down the hall. "Remind me to bring my own soap next time. I'm going to go to practice smelling like pomegranates."

Mino and Hoony both looked at me, wide eyed.

"Is that-" Mino started.

"We made up," I explained. "I- look, I might have been a tad ridiculous and... hugely insecure about the whole model ex-girlfriend thing."

"Yes-" Hoony nodded along, picking a piece of bacon from the plate and stuffing it into his mouth. "Yes you were but, you know, we're your friends, not hers so... yeah we're supportive all the same."

I laughed. "It might be more supportive for you guys to let me know when I'm being crazy the next time," I told them.

"Oh no," Mino replied, shaking his head. "I've learned enough to know never to call a woman crazy. I still have the scars to remind me."

"Good call, man," Lisa said with a smile as she entered, fully dressed. She took a look at the breakfast and smiled. "You made this for me?"

"I know it isn't the chef prepared meal you're used to," I grinned. Lisa laughed.

"It's better," she winked and grabbed the bacon that Hoony hadn't gotten to yet. "And I wish I could stay to eat it but I'm already running late since I've got to stop by my place to pick up my gear before practice. I didn't expect to spend the night." She was smirking at me and I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks at the implication.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" Lisa asked and my heart swelled at the hope in her voice. I couldn't stop smiling as I gave her a nod and she leaned in, pressing her lips tenderly to mine before heading for the door, waving goodbye to Mino and Hoony along the way. They started gushing like school girls the second Lisa was gone but I didn't hear them. I was too high up in the clouds.