Chapter 17

Jennie

Mino and Hoony exchanged a jaw dropped look before emphatically agreeing and posing for a few pictures with the quarterback which Jimin happily took. Lisa called Bambam and Daniel in as well and I started to think Hoony may actually pass out if any more football players said his name. They started talking then, joking around and laughing. I realized, then, that the reporters had all but gone and I was standing in an episode of the Twilight Zone. So I decided my office would be a safer place then whatever strangeness was occurring here. I left them there, enjoying their newfound companionship, and made my to my office. I wasn't alone, though. I knew Rosé would follow the moment I felt her eyes follow me out the door of the locker room. So I was not surprised when I made it to the other side of my desk and heard her voice before I could even sit down.

"You're Lisa Manoban's inspiration, now?" She asked, incredulous. I sighed, leaning onto my desk out of sheer exhaustion. "How? What did you do?"

"I... temporarily lost my mind," I confessed because it was time I talk about this and there was no one I trusted to talk about this with more than Rosé. Her brows creased in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I had a date with Kim Taehyung. You knew about that. I called you Saturday to say he'd cornered me and we were going out. Well, that night at the cocktail mixer, Lisa called me. She... threw me off. I don't know. She said some things and she got into my head and I couldn't stop thinking about them, about her. Even when I went out with Taehyung, I couldn't focus because of what Lisa had said. I may have... told her that in my frustration. And I think she thinks it means... more."

"Does it?"

I looked up at her.

"I mean, you couldn't focus on the man you were physically on a date with because of some words Lisa Manoban had merely spoken on the phone thousands of miles away," Rosé pointed out and, in that moment, I hated her rationality more than I despised my own fear of failure. "Jennie, is it possible that you... have feelings for Lisa?"

"No," I snapped. "I mean, I can't. I couldn't. I work with her, Rosé. I basically work for her. And I need this job. You know I do."

She paused for a moment, watching me, letting me think. I wished she wouldn't.

"What did she say?" She asked suddenly and I snapped out of my thoughts to look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"What did she say to you on the phone? What was so distracting?"

I felt heat rising to my cheeks at the mere memory. I answered, "Well... it wasn't- I mean, I don't really remember..."

"Liar," she accused but she was smiling. "What did Lisa Manoban say?"

"She may have mentioned that she was thinking of me. And then that she was in the shower..."

She raised a brow.

"You need to get laid," she said blatantly. I chuckled.

"Rosé -" I warned.

"No, I mean it," she started again, this time her tone taking on a lighter, joking note, something she knew I needed. "Whether it's Lisa or Taehyung or some random person in a club, it's time, Jennie. Honestly, I don't know how you've done it. I would be losing my mind. Eight months without sex! Can you regain your virginity? Because I think-"

Someone suddenly cleared their throat and Rosé's eyes widened as she turned slowly to see who stood in the doorway. My cheeks were on fire as we both looked to see Lisa Manoban herself. She had the grace to look embarrassed for me as she cleared her throat again out of discomfort.