Chapter Fourteen

Just as he planned to throw it in the dark toward the girl who was keeping them incapacitated, the lights came back on, and the last person he was expecting was standing in what one could only describe as fury and raw power.

She had on a new suit. Not the one from years ago or the one she borrowed from Nat during their personal mission.

This one was a dark green, so dark that it was almost black. The neckline made sharp edges into a W shape, and her arms were covered in a sleek armor that seemed to glisten and hold her aura close to her, whereas her other suit exuded the energy around her. Her normal white blinding light seemed to take on a level of fury Bucky had never seen her hold before. It turned dark like the night instead. The only specks of her iridescent light gleamed like a galaxy full of multi-colored stars.

Her hair and what would normally be a halo of light around her were blocked by the hood that sat perfectly on the crown of her head

Her hair and what would normally be a halo of light around her were blocked by the hood that sat perfectly on the crown of her head. Her long pants were complimented with calve-high boots that mocked something from Roman times. Something about the entire suit gave off a powerful sorcerer mixed with Roman Goddess vibes, and the energy she exuded and matched with it made her all the more terrifying.

This version of her didn't look like she would hold back. With Marley, she was careful and mindful in her maneuvers compared to what he heard down the halls from where she came. A 180 from the person he had grown to know, she looked and held the power of an assassin coming to collect her vengeance.

This was a different, ruthless side of Everest. One very few had met.

Instantly, bullets from the brainwashed agents rained down on the new threat.

But to their dismay, not one got through a slightly visible, pearlescent shield she had put up. It caught the light just enough for someone like Bucky to see in the low-lit basement.

Standing there unphased as shot after shot was triggered, she looked at the group with a slight tilt in her head as she evaluated her next move in a matter of seconds.

With a calculated flick of her hands, the young woman who had been keeping hold of Bucky and Tony crumpled to the ground. She was left unresponsive as her body fell to the floor limp.

Agents still mindlessly shooting fell in the next second as a wave of black magic washed over them, and all went motionless on the cement below their feet.

Bucky and Tony were now free and took a second to collect themselves, seeing their asses were saved.

When her shield went down, she made eye contact with the two Avengers before her. And for the second time ever, Bucky felt unnerved around her.

"Please, dear God, tell me you didn't kill-," Tony shouted in her direction, standing from his crumpled position on the ground.

"Contrary to your belief, I'm not the one with my morals askew in this room," she cut him off with a look of disgust on her face. She turned to the hallway, where she moved to her next mission without a second word.