Chapter Ten

After dinner, Y/N went back to her room with Wanda, and Ryker stayed in toe behind them.

Her change in disposition was drastic from before Wanda had come. Whether she had used magic or good old-fashioned tough love, neither of the super-soldiers found out, but either way, Y/N was starting an upward hike in the grieving process compared to the week prior.

It wasn't going to be a perfect or strictly linear bounce back from everything as there were still pieces of grieving that needed to take place, but because of the consoling from someone who could relate to her heartbreak, they were headed in the right direction.

"A funeral?" Tony questioned. Not out of disbelief but more so in a tone that showed he hadn't even thought of that. However, his thoughts had been somewhere else lately.

"I think it would be the best way to get that final piece of acceptance in saying goodbye," Wanda nodded, arms crossed as she leaned on the wall.

"No, no. I think it's a great idea," Tony waved off, putting one of his gadgets down before taking a swig of some green juice and then turning back to the redhead. "The only thing is, we don't have a body."

"It's not out of the ordinary to not have a body at a funeral."

"You don't think it wouldn't make it a more sensitive event having no body... Knowing exactly why there isn't a casket to bury..." Tony replied.

"It's a funeral, Tony. Sensitivity is part of the event," Nat spoke up from the wall she was propped against.

"It's about having a ceremonious way of saying goodbye. A place where she can honor Marley and hopefully find some peace in the matter," Wanda sighed. "I think that's what she needs now more than anything."

The other two in the room nodded in agreement and then shared a look.

"Do we let her in on it?" Nat asked.

"I'll plan as much of it as possible for her so that all she really needs to do is show up," Wanda nodded to her friend and crossed her arms. "Can you do a favor for me while I reach out to some people to get some details sorted?" Wanda asked.

"Just let me know, and consider it done."

She sent her a smile in thanks. "I'll text you my ideas. I need to run to the store real fast and then head to my next errand."

"What time are you planning on all this to take place?" Tony questioned, tossing a stress ball back and forth between his hands.

"Tomorrow afternoon if things work out how I hope," Wanda shifted back and forth, already mapping things out in her head.

"What do you need from me?" Tony asked, genuinely wanting to help.

"I'll send out a list to everyone if I think of something specific," she answered, moving to the exit.

"Great. I'll be waiting for my job," Tony shouted as they two left.

____________________

Like the pro she is, Wanda had everything scheduled and planned out by that evening. She and Vis had gotten most of the plan together after learning what had happened, and after gathering further details, she was already in contact with the people she needed to be, in order to follow through with their plan.

She sent Vis and Nat to the florist, knowing that the spy would know exactly what types of flowers and arrangements would be best, along with a list she believed fit Marley. She had Sam, Steve, and Clint on set up at the place where they planned to host the funeral, keeping it simple for a modest gathering. Tony was working on something of his own that he guaranteed to make Y/N feel better. With it, he apparently needed Bruce's help. And Wanda herself went on an out-of-city errand to grab a few things not around the compound.